Increased cholesterol

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/4/15 12:46 pm

check this also...

http://www.lef.org/magazine/2006/5/report_heart/page-02

if they suggest putting you on drugs - are you :

• at risk for heart attack? 
  • have genetic high cholesterol  and have had family members died from heart attack

Cholesterol is needed to heal and make things better. is needed to make hormones, to keep us happy... Your body makes it for a reason.  

Ask for C-Reactive protein test - to asses inflammation in the body...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/4/15 12:47 pm

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

rocky513
on 8/4/15 1:23 pm - WI

livestrong article

"Although research indicates that weight loss will lower cholesterol, some people may experience a rise in cholesterol as they lose weight, because as weight is lost, fat stores shrink. The fat and cholesterol normally stored in fatty tissue have nowhere to go but the bloodstream, causing a rise in cholesterol. This effect is not permanent and cholesterol levels will drop as your weight stabilizes. Medications used to to treat high cholesterol, such as Z-hydroxy-Z-Coa reductase inhibitors, are not effective in controlling cholesterol when it comes from fatty tissue stores."

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

stacyrg
on 8/4/15 1:25 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Thank you!  My doctor drew extra vials last Friday and the sample is being sent to a lab to measure particle size. I will definitely share the articles with my doctors as we try to find a solution that does not involve medication. We all find it ironic that I'm "less healthy" now than I was 130 lbs ago. Even with the increased numbers, I wouldn't trade my surgery for anything!  Thanks for all your suggestions. 

NikkyBeauty
on 8/4/15 11:23 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Same thing is happening to me! Just did a blood draw for my pcp friday, got a call today and said my cholesterol was high I was like WTF! Never had cholesterol issues pre/op although my mom does have high cholesterol I'm thinking it could be hereditary idk? But pcp wants to put me on meds for 4 weeks then recheck it I'm still very confused as to why everything else is above average and normal and now my cholesterol has spiked when all I eat is meat! 

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175