Thank you for Before/After Photos - Bad Day - NEEDED these

Finallyme2014
on 8/4/15 8:56 am

Aww man!!  I know exactly how you feel.  I had a terrible experience on a plane 2 years ago.  Everything that everyone is describing here is exactly what I went through, too.  The nasty looks from people, out and out complaints and rude comments, the physical pain of not being able to fit, cramming my thighs against the handrails, fat pouring over and under...I cried 3 times, and I don't know what was worse:  the physical or emotional pain.

I am looking forward to the day when I don't have to feel that way anymore.  I'm down about 100 lbs, but honestly have been too traumatized to try to fly again.  I will, but I don't know when I will have the courage to.

Lisa09
on 8/4/15 9:34 am - NH

Thank you for sharing. It's so helpful to know other people understand and have the same hurts. 

Lisa09
on 8/4/15 5:51 pm - NH

Update: Flight home went smoothly, thank God. Plane had lots of empty seats, so I was able to get a double seat without any one next to me. I don't want to go through that again, but have to fly again in 2 weeks.  That flight should be on a regular size jet blue, not the miniscule delta puddle jumper this one was on.  Aaaarrgghh.  Thanks to everyone for their support. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/15 1:04 pm

It will get better. I used to hate to fly. They jam so many people into a plane these days. I used to have to use an extender and I hated to ask for it. 

The first time I flew after WLS I cried. I fit I didn't need the seat belt extender. I could use the tray table when I flew the second time. I took a picture of my lap to show that I could put it down. So when I was having a moment after WLS it reminded me of what I have done so far. 

Just remember you are making a change in your life and you are on your way to get healthy. Keep telling yourself that. 

Best wishes to you. 

iwantthis
on 8/14/15 1:43 pm - Canada

I use to go on trips all the time the last time i could  barly fit bless the soul that had to sit beside she was god sent that made herself uncomfortable  to make me more comfortable  i was so embarrassed and felt horrid that my  poor choices  in life effected her plane ride from then i have not been on a trip and any time a friend invites me to a girls trip i decline with excuses like i have no money im not feeling to go any where all kinds of lies and the truth is i cant fit nor can i walk long to explore what ever county we go to but ...even goin to the movies i cant fit in the seats if the arms dont raise up i decline to go to partys cuz i dont no what kinda chairs they have i dont go to baseball came or soccer  games there seats are not built for me living an obese life is depressing and im goin to be head strong and keep faith i cant wait to be a loser   on the losers bench cuz i would never wish this life on anyone

Lisa09
on 8/14/15 7:29 pm - NH

Totally agree. Are you in the process of looking into WLS?

iwantthis
on 8/15/15 2:11 am - Canada

Yes i did my orientation in march just waiting for the ball to get rolling on my first appointment which is takin forever im hoping to hear something in October and be in and out of surgery by january i wish to be able to enjoy my summer next year lol .....but what i want and what i get are to diffrent things so fingers crossed lol

iwantthis
on 8/14/15 1:43 pm - Canada

I use to go on trips all the time the last time i could  barly fit bless the soul that had to sit beside she was god sent that made herself uncomfortable  to make me more comfortable  i was so embarrassed and felt horrid that my  poor choices  in life effected her plane ride from then i have not been on a trip and any time a friend invites me to a girls trip i decline with excuses like i have no money im not feeling to go any where all kinds of lies and the truth is i cant fit nor can i walk long to explore what ever county we go to but ...even goin to the movies i cant fit in the seats if the arms dont raise up i decline to go to partys cuz i dont no what kinda chairs they have i dont go to baseball came or soccer  games there seats are not built for me living an obese life is depressing and im goin to be head strong and keep faith i cant wait to be a loser   on the losers bench cuz i would never wish this life on anyone