Medicaid Dr in Alabama!Help!

tplata3
on 7/31/15 12:49 pm - Heflin, AL

Can someone please tell me if there is a surgeons ANYWHERE in Alabama that takes Medicaid?!

Kathy S.
on 8/2/15 3:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello tplata3,

This can be a challenge but not impossible.  Here are a few suggestions for you.  Call the number on the back of your insurance card to obtain a list of bariatric surgeons that take Medicaid.  Confirm they pay for bariatric surgery and if there are any pre-qualifications.

Surgeons change what insurance they take on a daily basis therefore making it difficult to keep an updated list.  Here is a link to surgeons in AL.  Give the offices a call and see if they take your insurance and don't hesitate to ask if they know of any surgeons if they don't take Medicaid.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/AL/

Good Luck and let us know if we can do anything else to help

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

tplata3
on 8/13/15 11:26 am - Heflin, AL

Thank you so much!after 4 phone calls to medicaid and 2 weeks passing I still do not have a list!Several different people took my call and gave me the ol "3 to 5 business days bull!?@& so I'm still trying to get the list:(

lol!!

Kathy S.
on 8/13/15 11:49 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

At least they acknowledge there is a list.  Usually they try to say there is not one. But the surgeons have to apply and get approved before they get paid so therefore it creates a list 

If you have the option to go there in person do it. It will be harder for them to say they can't hit a couple of keys on their computer and print you a copy of the list.

Good Luck!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

tplata3
on 8/13/15 4:22 pm - Heflin, AL

Thank you for your help!