Weight Plateau SUCKS! I need a little motivation/advice

Finallyme2014
on 8/4/15 1:26 pm

Thank you very much for the support.  I think it's easy to get a little lazy once in awhile, as far as logging is concerned.  I think I thought "I got this!  I don't need to measure and log anymore".  Big mistake! LOL

October2014rny
on 8/4/15 11:46 am

Hi, I was very encouraged just to read your post. I too had RNY 10 months ago and have not lost any in 3 months. I feel like my old habits are creeping back in. My pouch can tolerate bad foods and does not tolerate the foods that I need to eat. It seems the harder I try to eat better the hungrier I get. I am trying hard to go back to my first post op diet and kind of start over. I tHink that is all we can do. It worked in the beginning and it should work again. Let me know when you start losing and I hope it is soon. good Luck, Martha

Finallyme2014
on 8/4/15 1:53 pm

Thank you so much for the response!  It was very encouraging :)  I will keep you posted, but I tried to find your profile to request you but could not.  Could you request me?  Thanks!!

teach2
on 8/4/15 10:56 am, edited 8/4/15 10:56 am
RNY on 12/23/14

I,too, have had a terrible time. I have lost one pound all summer though I started working ou 5 days a week at the gym. I went to the nutritionist last week and she wants me to add some vegetable carbs. I'm very nervous about that. I'm with you though, it seems that I can eat more!

good luck to you. If you find the solution, let us know!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

siberiancat
on 8/5/15 9:26 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I lost weight every month for 29 months after my RNY.  I did journal and stay on my bariatric plan.

Now at 6 years out - I find I still need to stay on plan or a couple pounds creep back on.  I journal for about 6 weeks - 3 times a year.  It amazes me how much I slip back into eating carbs or let extra calories into my mouth.  I also weigh myself daily so I can catch any trending upward and monitor my eating for a few days.

Maintaining my weight is not easy.  I have to stay on plan and be vigilant - almost as much as the first months after the RNY.  It really takes a lifestyle change.

Best wishes,  Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery

Michele7
on 8/5/15 9:44 am

Hi I'm trying to make a decision between sleeve and y bypass. You have had the y a few years any problems with it . 

siberiancat
on 8/6/15 7:30 am - COLUMBIA CITY, IN

I've had no problems with the RNY surgery.  I have developed some issues that are common after some kinds of bariatric surgery.  I have reactive hypoglycemia.  I have never been and am not now diabetic.  But about 3 years out I found that I could not have sugar/carbs on an empty stomach or have high sugar carbs with a meal.  For instance - if I go to Starbucks and get a skinny latte (SF syrup and skim milk) and an hour later I feel weak, shaky, foggy thinking - I take my blood sugar and it will be in the 40's - WHY- because Starbucks probably put the syrup with sugar in my drink - SO- I always go inside and watch them make my drink and make sure they use the SF syrup. I just can't eat wedding cake, ice cream or anything with more than 10 grams of sugar.

I also have had vitamin/mineral deficiencies - Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, iron, etc. and have to take supplements to get back into normal limits.  This is not uncommon with any bariatric surgery where malabsorption is expected.

I can't speak to the sleeve surgery.

Best wishes,

Penny

Penny
Highest Weight 255  * Wt loss includes 19 lb lost before surgery