Surgery August 5th, getting cold feet!

chubbs54
on 8/2/15 11:33 pm

I started ready up on WLS last year and finally made the phone call to my Dr for a refereal It all happened within a couple of months and I was feeling the same as you. When I told my sister that I had lost 16lbs before surgery and wasn't even told that I had to she asked then why did I do it. And I thought about it and said because if she remembers correctly that I had lost 75lbs on Jenny Craig and gained it all back with a year then 8yrs later l lost 78lbs on Weigh****chers and also gained all back with a yr. So I then told her I know I could not do this on my own and needed the help of WLS. I am only 1 wk out but I have no regrets.

Diane 

TexasTerritory
on 8/3/15 6:09 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I needed WLS for my health. Losing weight is easy. Keeping it off is hard.

Now I am able to keep my weight under control.

What your experiencing is normal because WLS is a major game changer and worth it. Good luck.

E_Saenz
on 8/3/15 9:18 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I can totally feel you only I have 9days I'm nervous but content because I know it is going to change my life and I'm going to be well, healthy, energetic,happy, and not hungry.

Elia Maria Saenz

Susancecilia
on 8/3/15 9:16 pm

Hi Amber, You are definatly not alone!  My surgery date is in September and I can totally relate to your post!  I feel like my mind is always giving me a hard time.  It is so great to see all the support from others who have had WLS and say it is the "best" decision they have made!  I think just reminding ourselves of the positive reasons we decided to get WLS is important.  I will be sending you good vibes on surgery day!  Keep us updated!  Thanks for sharing!!    

Ethel S.
on 8/3/15 10:55 pm

I understand.  My date is Aug 21st and I am 59. I have trust in. GOD and keep visualizing the pain gone from my knees.  I see me in the future weighing 80lbs less.  I try to.stay away from negative people.  Let's keep each other encouraged.  May God bless you.  Ethel

Izzi
on 8/4/15 2:43 pm
RNY on 08/12/15

You can do it!!  Congratulations! 

Amber B.
on 8/4/15 6:19 pm
VSG on 08/05/15

Thank you all so much for the support and kind words! I'm solid on my decision now, I know it's the right one! I am however going to steer clear of the yellow jello  

need2gethealthy
on 8/4/15 7:48 pm

You've received great answers here.  Yes, how you're feeling is completely normal but as stated here we second guess and feel we can do it on our own but a month down the road we see we are back at square one then wish we'd have gone ahead with it.   You will be so happy after your surgery.  Such a relief.  Thoughts and prayers for you tomorrow.  Take care.