Clears Pre and Post-Op

mmb2003
on 7/31/15 10:50 am

Hey everyone! My surgery is August 11th so I have been in the process of trying out clear protein sources. So far most of the Isopure drinks are out, I can only barely tolerate Apple Melon. Tried one of the New Whey shots today diluted in water and it's also a no go. I have one more flavor to try but my hopes aren't high, lol! I've ordered some chicken flavored protein from Unjury so we'll see how that goes when it arrives. Here's my question. Has anyone tried adding unflavored protein to water and then a few squirts of Mio? I was thinking of trying that next. Thanks!!

--Meg

VSG 8/11/15 HW: 272.5 PreOp: -17.5 M1: -20.8 M2: -15.0 TWL: -55.1 CW: 217.4

1st Goal: 225 9/27/15 2nd Goal: 200 3rd Goal: 170

mariapizarro8
on 7/31/15 11:00 am

I don't know but my surgery is also on August 11th and I started the pre op diet on Monday it has not been easy I will tell you that,I bought the premier protein shakes and I seem to be doing well with those I like the vanilla and has 30g of protein so I plan to continue them after the surgery.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/31/15 12:11 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Unflavored protein powder is really weird in water. It gets thick and clumpy and tastes like chalk. I'd say it's great for adding to things like milk and soup, but don't try to drink it with water.

I'd suggest trying the Syntrax Nectar flavors, if you want something of that consistency. You can order samplers with a bunch of different single-serve packets, that may be a good move to try things out. The "roadside lemonade" and "fuzzy navel" flavors seem to be popular here.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Emilyr0011
on 8/1/15 4:39 am
Definitely agree, unflavored in water is gross.

The unflavored doesnt mean it's tasteless, it just means it's not been flavored with chocolate, vanilla, etc. It naturally has a milky-ish taste to it, iirc. I used it all the time in the beginning in soups & purees.

I did use the Isopure but mixed it half & half with Crystal Light. No, it wasn't the tastiest but I could stomach it and frankly, I was determined to get adequate protein in and just did what I had to do. It was thinner than a regular protein shake so it was easier for me to get down. Then I moved on to the Nectars - I agree with the above.

H - 5'4" SW 260 / CW 133 / GW 150 GOAL in 9 mo 11 days!

HKT53
on 8/1/15 4:52 pm - Toronto, Canada

My surgery was July 10. So I wish you the best. Im doing great and you will too. I have a forum friend that adds unflavoured protein to a bottle of water and adds crystal light. Its a bit cloudy but very affordable way of getting proteins in during the day. I personally did not like Isopure but I absolutely like Protein2O water. Here in Toronto it costs $3 a bottle that is 16.5 oz (500 ml) It has 15 g of protein, O sugar, plus electrolytes. Look it up on www.drinkprotein2o.com for a store location near you.

Regards

Helen

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015