Extreme pressure in center of stomach

lucycollins
on 7/27/15 2:11 pm, edited 7/27/15 5:55 pm

Hey everyone. I had VSG on 11/2014 and I think I might be having a complication. After I eat...about 10 to 20 minutes after ..occasionally I will get the worst pain I've ever had. The first and second time it happened I thought it was because I ate too much , but these other two times, it wasn't the case. I will get extreme pain in the middle of my stomach right in the center of feels like my stomach is going to explode. Sometimes I will go to the bathroom when it happens and sometimes I will vomit. The pain is so instense that I have to pace around and hold my stomach sobbing . The last time it happened was a couple of days ago and I went to urgent care. The person that saw me said I need an ultrasound of my gallbladder done and prescribed me pepcid and bentyl. I am not a doctor but I've been reading up on gallbladder issues and my pain isn't on my right side at all...it's right in the center. I am unable to see my bariatric doctor until a week from now so I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences and tips?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/27/15 2:59 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

When I had gallbladder problems, my pain was right in the middle-- like someone punched me in the diaphragm.

If you're in that much pain, call the bariatric office and let them know; this could be something serious and waiting a week could be Bad News. Tell them what you're dealing with and just how bad it is.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

E_Saenz
on 7/27/15 3:15 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

When I had gallstones I would get the same thing every time I ate you will want to have it checkout soon the stones can cause pancreatitis!

Elia Maria Saenz

emelar
on 7/27/15 4:26 pm - TX

What others have said - gallstones.  My pain was dead center.  I was arguing with the ER doc that it was my stomach, not my gallbladder - while I was throwing up yellow bile.  Gallstones combined with pancreatitis.  Until you see your doc, stay away from fatty foods.  In fact, go as bland as possible.

Heavens2Betsy
on 7/27/15 4:57 pm
RNY on 02/29/16

Same for me.  Terrible pain in the center!  Having my gallbladder removed laproscopically was the easiest surgery I've ever had.  I was back to work in like 3 days.  Don't wait to check it out.

Age: 55.  5' 8" SW 345 lbs.  RNY on 2/29/16 at UVA w/ Dr. Hallowell.     
Month 1 - 3/29/16: 319 (25 lbs. lost) | Month 2 - 4/27/16: 314 (5 lbs. lost) | 
Month 3 - 5/29/16: 303 (12 lbs. lost) | Month 4 - 6/28/16:  293 (10 lbs. lost)
Month 5 - 7/28/16: 289 (4 lbs lost) | Month 6 - 8/28/16: 282 (7 lbs. lost) |
Month 7 - 9/27/16: 278 (4 lbs lost)

lucycollins
on 7/27/15 5:39 pm

Thank you all so much for your replies! I am going to be seeing my bariatric doctor this Thursday. Right now I'm just eating saltines and pudding. Do you think premier protein would be okay to drink or should I just stick to what I'm doing now? Suggestions are welcome!

E_Saenz
on 7/27/15 6:58 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I think so just stay away from fatty foods

Elia Maria Saenz

MaronitaMay
on 7/28/15 12:49 am

Sparklekitty (Julie) had some great advice!  I would just like to add one more suggestion.  You might consider just showing up at the bariatric surgeons office and telling them that you really need to be seen today and ask them to squeeze you in.  I think sometimes they (doctors in general) put you off if you just call in when if you just show up they will squeeze you in.  That has been my experience!  Good Luck!