3 days post op DS

Lbrownlee
on 7/25/15 3:01 pm

Hi guys, this is my first post, 3 days post op from a DS with sleeve. 

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of pain they experienced, and how long it lasted? 

My procedure was laparoscopic. Im experiencing a burnong pain in the muscle of my abdomen about 4 inches long. It does not touch or bisect any of my port wounds. Its pretty intense. 

Any advice? 

Lincoln 

Husband & father of 5

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/15 1:19 pm - OH

I would recommend contacting your surgeon on Monday morning.  You don't say where the pain is located (other than it not being directly below any of the incisions), but a long section of burning pain in a muscle isn't typical following a lap procedure.  (Is it possible that the surgeon found a small hernia during the surgery and repaired it while (s)he was in there?) 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MsBatt
on 7/26/15 7:59 pm

Call your surgeon, but remember---this is MAJOR surgery, and it HURTS. I've had surgery three times, once open, the other two lap. All three times it took me about ten days to feel human again.

Also, the DS includes a Sleeve. You don't have to specify that---if you say you had a DS, everyone's going to assume you also have a Sleeve. I highly recommend that you join several of the DS-specific groups on Facebook. Less than 1% of WLS surgeons, even those who do the DS, really understand the vitamin and mineral supplementation DSers need, long-term. It's a WONDERFUL surgery, but it absolutely demands a few things from you and good supplementation is key.

Valerie G.
on 7/28/15 12:11 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Pain is indeed expected and hopefully you're taking meds for it.  A call to the doc wouldn't hurt, if only to set your mind at ease.  The first two weeks are usually when a complication is going to rear it's ugly head, so don't delay that call.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes