NSV - I did a couple of things recently that I would NEVER have done before surgery...

Patrice
(PatriceMarieV1 on...

on 7/23/15 4:53 pm
RNY on 03/11/15

I am only a few months out, and haven’t lost as much as I would like, but at my higher weights, I had really developed some social anxiety.  I feared that I would run into someone I know when I went out just about anywhere.  I hated leaving the house, except to go to work, and dreaded going out even to run errands.  I figured that if I ran into someone I hadn’t seen in awhile, that they would wonder what the hell had happened to me and that I would die of embarrassment.

However, in the last month:

1)      I posted a recent picture of myself on Facebook.  I hadn’t planned to do this until I lost more weight, but I had a crazy opportunity to take a selfie with Seattle Seahawks Quarterback Russell Wilson and his girlfriend, singer Ciara.  Who wouldn’t post that??? (Well, I wouldn’t have a few months ago…)

2)      I allowed myself to be interviewed and filmed this morning by one of our local TV news stations for a story about my son that will air in a couple weeks. (I was asked to do it for the Make-A-Wish foundation and wanted to be supportive of such a great cause.)

I know I don’t look ideal in either one, but I feel relieved to at least not look freakishly overweight (just regular overweight…).  A few months ago, I would have completely rejected both of these opportunities.  In fact, last year I turned down an opportunity to be in a national TV commercial with my son.  It was sad that I couldn’t bring myself to take the offer, but I would have been absolutely mortified to be filmed at my high weight and have it broadcast on national TV. (They also had asked me to do it before seeing me… I think they were probably relieved, once they saw me, that I had turned it down.)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/23/15 5:45 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

You're positively beaming! What a great picture & a great NSV, congrats!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

akanikkie
on 7/23/15 6:28 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

How exciting on ALL fronts!  This is a wonderful photo!  Very proud of you :)

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

SKmammabear
on 7/23/15 6:39 pm

GOOD FOR YOU!!  Heck yes, I'd post this in a minute!  You look beautiful and so do they!  (drool!)  What a great opportunity you have had and I'm so proud of you for stepping out of your (old) comfort zone to do these things!  Congratulations on your NSV's!

NYMom222
on 7/23/15 7:10 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Great pic and great NSV... I totally get what you mean by 'normal overweight' ....hahaha.... never thought of it that way.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

E_Saenz
on 7/23/15 9:11 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Looking good I'm very happy for you!

Elia Maria Saenz

MickeyDee
on 7/23/15 11:25 pm

The photo-op with the football hero is something NOT to be passed up.  You look great!

Tracy D.
on 7/24/15 8:38 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Way to go, Diva!  You look great - I'm glad you are out, being brave, living your life and not waiting until you get to some "magical" number on the scale.  Go out there and make things happen, lady! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/24/15 10:41 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Looking fab, go you!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Smallbites2015
on 7/24/15 1:15 pm

You look great!   Congratulations.   Such positive motivation