Is there another option????

Tyree4u
on 7/22/15 9:49 am - Sacramento, CA

I'm  a candidate  for weight loss surgery.  I've done my requirements.  I have kidney  failure  now they don't  wanna  do it. Does anyone  know  any other options??? 

crystal M.
on 7/22/15 11:09 am - Joliet, IL

In all seriousness I would find out more about your kidney failure.  Do you need a kidney transplant?  This seems to be more life threatening at the moment.  Maybe after this you get this corrected/fixed/under control you can go back to you original WLS plan. 

Tyree4u
on 7/22/15 4:18 pm - Sacramento, CA

I will talk to my kidney  doctor  and hit u back.  Thanks for hitting  me  up. 😃

Ladytazz
on 7/22/15 11:19 am

I don't know your medical history but I do know there have been other kidney patients who have had WLS.  One even had it so she could lose the weight and get a transplant.

I will go ahead and message her because she knows a lot more about this then I do.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Tyree4u
on 7/22/15 4:13 pm - Sacramento, CA

Thanks  very  much. I really  appreciate  you  hitting  me up.

seattledeb
on 7/23/15 12:22 am

I had a congenital renal disease. I needed a transplant but weighed 378 and I needed to weigh 260 to get on the list. That is why I had Rny. I was successful. Feel free to message me. Walking the world as someone with renal failure and RnY can be done. I did it!

Deb T. 

Tyree4u
on 7/23/15 12:26 am - Sacramento, CA

Thanks  for hitting  me up. I'm  gonna  talk to my doctor and kidney  doctor. I'm  gonna  fight for  it.

emmijackieee
on 7/26/15 10:43 pm

I had seen people doing WLS before kidney transplantation if you are over weight. I'm not quite sure about it. Let you know if I found any information.  

Tyree4u
on 7/26/15 10:53 pm - Sacramento, CA

Thanks  very  much.  I appreciate  it. 

MaronitaMay
on 7/26/15 11:20 pm

Have you tried "Overeaters Anonymous" (OA)?  I followed their "Gray Sheet Diet"  (you can find it posted on the internet although no longer promoted by "OA"  When I followed their diet I actually had lost 100 lbs in six months and kept it off for seven years.  I ended up putting back my weight only because I had some female problems which required me to take a capsule which was filled with something that came from an animal and it would not be pleasant to take as is and therefore they flavored it and it caused me to crave sweets all over again.  I later tried it again but found it difficult to do the second time around.  I'd also ask your doctors about whether or not you can do Tae Kwon Do.  This is a form of martial arts and when I took it up I lost 20 lbs in the first month!  The other bonus to this is you learn how to defend yourself and studies have shown that those who have arthritis have less pain after six months.  The only reason I did not go back to this was the cost.  I no longer work and therefore could no longer afford the cost.