5 months post op gain! Need advice

E_Saenz
on 7/20/15 10:48 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Always get your protine, water and stay away from carbs there are ways you can enjoy sugar free stuff and be satisfied.  You have to take control no one will do it for you.  You can do it just try your best up protine and vegetables at least until you are done with the weightloss phase.

You can do it! 

Elia Maria Saenz

NikkyBeauty
on 7/20/15 10:56 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Your absolutely right! I take full responsibility for slipping up dissociating food with fun is one of the hardest habits for me to break im still a work in progress'

HW: 465lbs SW: 387lbs CW:??? GW:175

E_Saenz
on 7/20/15 11:00 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

You are gonna be fine just take the bull by the horns you put the good stuff in and you will have a great outcome.

Elia Maria Saenz

E_Saenz
on 7/20/15 11:04 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

By the way you 5mo post op pics are great keep up the good work.  I'll be joining you on the losers bench August 12th 

Elia Maria Saenz

NikkyBeauty
on 7/21/15 1:44 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Thank you! congrats on your surgery date and good luck!!

White Dove
on 7/21/15 1:07 am - Warren, OH

Not having s home scale would stress me out😭

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Grim_Traveller
on 7/21/15 8:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Me too. Everyone's weight will drift upward over time. Every last one of us. I'd rather make an adjustment at 5 pounds of gain than 25. And a scale is the only way to do that, unless your neighbor is one of those guys that works at carnivals guessing weights.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NikkyBeauty
on 7/21/15 2:31 pm - Sacramento , CA
VSG on 02/18/15

Me having one would drive me crazy! Different strokes for different folks!

Eggface
on 7/21/15 2:32 am - Sunny Southern, CA

It's pretty normal to see that... lots of factors: time of month, sodium/water retention, increasing muscle mass as you exercise, Poop TMI, just the natural weight loss process slows/shifts/stalls/release and certainly an increase in not as healthy choices food wise can be a factor too. Weighing on the same scale, the same time of day (weekly works for me) is more accurate data too. 

but... 

Trust me on this one... don't worry about the #'s or sizes (hard I know)

Focus in on making what you do re: food, exercise, water, vitamins, mind work a part of your forever life. Use this time to develop habits you can do over and over and over forever, because the scale does go both ways and regardless of what the helping hand of WLS gives you if those are not sustainable habits, it won't be sustainable loss. 

Congrats! I am excited for you! Hold on tight it's a wild ride! ~Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

crystal M.
on 7/21/15 7:35 am - Joliet, IL

One pound can be the difference of not pooping regularly or your period is coming or you went a little sodium crazy and now you're retaining a bit. 

Our bodies do not stay at one consistent weight.  It fluctuates up and down plus or minus a couple of pounds.  I am in maintenance and I consider myself maintaining if I am within 5lbs of my weight.  Anything beyond that and I am now trying to lose.  I would drive myself crazy if I worried about 2-3 lbs.  Because I fluctuate so much. 

Take a deep breath and good luck with the rest of your journey