Sushi!

Chilipepper
on 7/20/15 2:12 pm

Shrimp is a fantastic form of protein. The problem is Tempura shrimp is basically friend shrimp. You should have labeled this post friend shrimp not sushi. You could very well have serious nausea and other issues because of the grease its fried in and the batter its dipped in. The avocado also, while good for you later on down the road is to high in fats now, could up at your stomach. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/15 2:21 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On July 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM Pacific Time, Chilipepper wrote:

Shrimp is a fantastic form of protein. The problem is Tempura shrimp is basically friend shrimp. You should have labeled this post friend shrimp not sushi. You could very well have serious nausea and other issues because of the grease its fried in and the batter its dipped in. The avocado also, while good for you later on down the road is to high in fats now, could up at your stomach. 

This is my favorite typo of the day.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chilipepper
on 7/20/15 3:29 pm

Ok ok I re re re read it. Not only is that shrimp fried it is also very friendly. Lol

In addition, fatty and fried foods can mess up your stomach also. You got lucky.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 5:49 pm

I will be more cautious for now on.... at least Im asking...right...? Points for honesty?

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 5:43 pm

Well at the time when I posted it I didn't know what I was going to eat.  I didn't have a bad reaction to the shrimp or if I did I guess I had it really late. I had about 2 bites of rotissirie chicken tonight and its not sitting well.  I don't feel nauseous but just bleh.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/20/15 3:41 pm

You might be nauseous after almost every single meal because you are advancing your diet too quickly. Are you measuring your food or using your feelings of fullness as a guide? You might be eating too much for your stomach even if it doesn't feel like it. How is your water intake?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 5:45 pm

I am measuring, I'm at 3 oz. of food if that.  My water intake is hard, I can get in about 32-40 oz right now.  I don't think I am advancing too quickly? I mean okay obviously the shrimp was a bad idea and I won't do it again but I'm basically eating chicken and eggs or a sf popsicle when Im feeling a little sick to my stomach.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/20/15 7:06 pm

Three ounces seems like a lot at one time. I ate an ounce at that stage.

Dehydration will make you feel sick. Right now, water is moreimportant than food. You have to drink more. Try herbal, no caffeine, unsweetened tea if it helps you stay hydrated.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Eggface
on 7/20/15 5:05 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Sashimi is great softer protein and there will be tons of riceless roll options when you are further out (wrapped in cucumber things like that, love these: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-i n-my-pouch.html )

I'd chat with your Dr about the nausea... he can give you something for that. Sometimes it's just a matter of learning how many chews and making sure the food is not the least bit dry. Dipping foods helped/s me... Greek yogurt dips (herbs, etc added for flavor) helps everything slide down and bonus added protein. You need fuel (food) to burn fat so be sure to chat with your Dr if it continues.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 5:47 pm

I'm def going to talk to him and my ARNP at my 1 mth post op. water is hard to drink, I've realized that I can drink it better when its ice cold. If its warm at all its really hard to down Thanks for the link!!!