Sushi!

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 8:19 am

Im on soft foods...I don't go for the raw stuff anyways.... I was thinking more cooked of whatever was on the menu.  All I've been eating is chicken mostly....not a huge fan of just plain fish. I chew everything 30 bites or more so Im def not eating too fast that I think? I have blended foods I could eat that are good but everytime i look at them or smell them I get sick. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/15 8:25 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Sashimi is, by definition, plain raw fish. :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 8:30 am

he he oops! I learn something new everyday! ;)

AmyDee123
on 7/20/15 8:43 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

yeah i would wait on the sashimi.  you are talking chunks of raw tuna and salmon.  i would instead go for a nice baked salmon that will mush up really nice.  

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/20/15 12:03 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You didn't know that sushi/sashimi is raw fish???  Seriously?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 12:12 pm

I knew that at times when you ordered sushi (which is all I've ever gotten) can be raw...sashimi, no, I've never ordered it or asked about it.

Chilipepper
on 7/20/15 9:05 am

What kind of food in the roll are you wanting to eat?

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

beckyp0320
on 7/20/15 10:28 am

What I ended up getting was some tempura shrimp by itself (I took the fried part off before I ate it) and some avocado...it was very satisfying :) My husband thinks I shouldn't have eaten the shrimp though at all?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/20/15 1:49 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Your body might not be ready to move onto the next phase in your eating plan. Fish, especially raw fish can be challenging even if you didn't have surgery. Shrimp/fish from restaurants can sometimes be iffy too. B4 trying anything new, make sure you know what you're eating, you're healing right now, so maybe eating something a little more basic & predictable is what you should go for till you're further a long.

Besides even though you took the tempura stuff off the shrimp, the stuff they cook it in is still in there & can't be rubbed off. That might be what you're reacting to.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/20/15 2:23 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Cooked shrimp that is soft (boiled or canned) is sometimes included in the soft or mushy stage of a post-op eating plan.

Did your surgeon give you a guide for what you should be eating in the weeks following surgery? You may want to refer back to that.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!