Underwear

BudaMomma
on 7/23/15 10:32 am

I don't want to have plastic surgery, what I am doing is searching for either good supportive underwear that do not cost upwards of $20 a pair, or a simple stretchy device that would not be bulky under clothing to help me hold up and in my extra skin (pannus)

I would love to hear what others have tried. In comparison to a lot of post-op GBS patients I don't have a huge amount. But enough to make it a pain for wearing clothes that fit everywhere else.

Thanks for any opinions or suggestions in advance. BTW i was a member here for a couple of years right after my surgery 8 years ago. This is a new account but I'm not new. 

Hope everyone is well.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/23/15 1:41 pm

my solution - is to go to stores and try things on. I have garments my size and 2-3 sizes bigger, so they hold things in - but are comfortable enough to wear all day. 

A lot of people swear by Spanx..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Kiwideb
on 7/23/15 2:20 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

I'm sorry to say, but $20 IS the inexpensive version when it comes to support wear. 

And when it comes down to it $140 is a hell of a lot cheaper than a panini surgery... 

BudaMomma
on 7/23/15 5:38 pm

I know... Just not feasible for me right now.  I also dislike to shop.  I need to bite that bullet. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/15 11:22 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Just had to LOL at "panini surgery." 

Sweetish
on 7/26/15 11:22 pm
RNY on 12/12/14

I agree 100%!  Spend the extra money and get at least one very good garment.  I tried a lot of cheaper brands and never really liked how they made me feel.  I had a coupon for Kohl's and tried on a one piece support garment from SPANX and it is the only one I wear when I want to wear clothes that are more form fitting.  There were different styles, but I ultimately chose the one that was like a one piece that was shorts and then it went all the way up right under my bra in the front and it had shoulder straps.

Regularly it was $145.00, on sale, I got it for around $110.

NYMom222
on 7/23/15 7:20 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I really like this slip, kinda smooths everything out without being restrictive: Dressbarn open front full support slip

and I like these long leg shaper - I like them because they are lightweight: SOMA smoothing short on sale right now for $15.60

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

BudaMomma
on 7/24/15 2:08 am

Thank you! 

angie1973
on 7/24/15 4:46 am
RNY on 09/25/13

If you have a Gabriel brothers store near you that is place to go. But you have to shop around and see what they have from week to week. They carry top brands at waaay cheaper price than normal. I have most my skin in upper belly so I get the tank top support shirts but they have underwear, shorts tights shirts, slips and waist cinchers. I usually pay round 4-6 dollars or so for mine. Good luck!

Angie1973 

BudaMomma
on 7/24/15 10:01 am

Thanks!