Constant vomiting 3 months out from revision surgery

HKT53
on 7/25/15 9:11 pm - Toronto, Canada

No worries. I don't even want sugary treats anymore. I never gained weight while I was waiting for RNY. Since surgery, not once acid reflux or vomit. That alone is such a relief and big stress off my shoulders. No I wasn't getting the proper nutrients and my teeth paid a big price. Watch out for enamel erosion. Try to rinse as soon as you vomit. Brushing will only scratch your teeth when you are sick like that. I didn't do the RNY to loose weight (although I could loose 40 lbs if it would come off my legs). I did the revision as a way to stay alive. I am not the best patient with protein shakes but I have been following all the guideline books. What I discovered last week is a protein water called Protein2o. Look at the website www.drinkprotein2o and find the tab for FAQ. It's amazing. Light, only 2 g of carbs, no sugar, and 15 g do protein. Comes in five flavours. I found it at GNC and since surgery I swear by it. The bottles are 500 ml. Good for hydration, good for protein and can pass through your inflamed esophagus. 

Oh oh no dumping for me...I had enough thank you. If I never have another cookie again, fine with me. I stopped bread 25 years ago and never crave a sandwich. No sugar...I'm good. Today I graduated to blended foods. I had 30 ml of chicken, 30 ml of blended string beans and a touch of tomato juice from fresh tomatoes in my garden. I was fine, felt it was one espresso spoon too much, but later the water helped it through. I'm so happy not to have full fluids...I'm free, so very free and I cannot screw this up. 

Thanks for advice. I need a little reminder once and awhile. I feel if I write it down I will follow through.

Helen

Kay G.
on 7/25/15 10:51 pm

Thanks Helen - I am a bit of a case as I am an Australian lady living and working in Bali and hence difficult to get to doc as he is in Thailand of all places. I know he will fix me - just have to get there.  Please don;t drink anything with your meals - not even tomato juice - any fluids with RNY must wait till well after meal and should never be used to push things through - this will damamge the stoma and what I learnt is that no stoma = weight gain... its a precious device and you need to treat it with more respect than most people think... I cant get any of those greta products you talk about - all has to be available in Indonesia. Online shopping places mostly wont deliver to Indonesia either. Luckily I have sistes in the UK and Australia who can send me things when I need it. I will google that protein drink and see if it is available in Australia - this is where I am till Tuesday - pretty lousy holiday.... thanks for tip about teeth - will take care for sure.  Have a good rest of weekend and good luck with your recovery and new RNY life - what a relief for you to have had this op !

Kay G.
on 7/25/15 10:53 pm

I wonder why the doc and I didnt talk about a new piece of intestine to keep the RNY in place rather than going to a sleeve... I will raise this when I see him and see what he says - possible or not. He said he couldnt do more than he had done and this was it when I had the surgery...but after the surgery I asked him where was the intestine that was attached to the stoma and he said he left it "nearby" in case it was needed later... this sounds to me like I still have an out although the cost will be horrendous...c'est la vie !!!