Help with being at 3 month mark and suddenly not losing for 2nd week?!?

bridgetr
on 7/19/15 12:36 pm

Hi am 3 months out and have lost 43 lbs....now the slow down is happening and that's sobering. Need help to hear what are you eating at this stage.....is it only protein? I have been able to tolerate vegetables and salad no problem. Is everyone staying away from all carbs completely?

Have been exercising since week 4 and that's going well.

Oddly I have yet to feel the fullness everyone speaks of? Anyone else have this problem or issue? Thanks

MickeyDee
on 7/19/15 1:58 pm

You're in a stall.  Not uncommon.  Don't panic, just keep eating on program, it'll go away.

"Fullness" may not be there, but how about "lack of hunger"?  I found I just didn't feel impelled to eat.

Use the "Search" function.

Dan1962
on 7/19/15 4:29 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I rarely felt full in the beginning.  I stayed completely away from carbs for the longest time.  I still really limit them.  Just stay on plan and good things will happen.  Move as often as you can and drink lots of water, you will be fine.

nicola3301
on 7/20/15 5:24 am

That happened to me about 10 or so weeks after surgery too. I didn't lose anything for like a week or two....then I started losing again sometimes a pound a day yahooo!  Don't worry...keep up the good work and it will come off again!

RNY 4-27-15    Dr. Schauer    Cleveland Clinic               

NYMom222
on 7/20/15 11:43 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Stalls happen, doesn't mean you aren't doing what you are supposed to and doesn't mean you should change anything. I always just try to change up my food choices a little and make sure I am getting enough fat. We need fat too. At 3 months I only ate starchy type carbs once in awhile maybe once or twice a week. Fruit once or twice a week. Some veggies everyday.

Fullness shows itself in different ways. It could be an uncomfortable feeling, your nose could start running... burping, hiccups....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save