Need help to reduce weight!!

rhr567
on 7/16/15 10:21 pm

I weighed after delivery and I'm disappointed to see myself in the mirror. I look weird in my party wears. Can someone help me in losing my weight? I would prefer some home remedies rather than surgery. Thanks in advance!

hl1524
on 7/17/15 6:00 am - Austin, TX

There is a forum for non-surgical weightloss.  You might have better luck there.    http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/non_postops/

RNY 8/27/2014

ladygodiva1228
on 7/17/15 6:35 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On July 16, 2015 at 10:21 PM Pacific Time, rhr567 wrote:

I weighed after delivery and I'm disappointed to see myself in the mirror. I look weird in my party wears. Can someone help me in losing my weight? I would prefer some home remedies rather than surgery. Thanks in advance!

I would start by seeing your PCP and ask them what they recommend for non-surgery weight loss.  They may suggest weigh****chers or something like that.  Or they may have you go to a dietician/nutritionist for a plan.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Laura in Texas
on 7/17/15 7:35 am

Surgery or not, you have to eat less. I would also recommend seeing your PCP for recommendations or Weigh****chers, if you need direction. Good luck!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

crystal M.
on 7/17/15 7:51 am - Joliet, IL

Everything and I mean everything is a temporary fix until you learn how to live a healthy lifestyle.  If you stick around and read the posts that is what most people on here will tell you.  If you don't use surgery as a tool then start seeing a nutritionist.  Start reading and understanding what it means to eat healthy and live healthy.  I devoured every book I could get my hands on.  I wanted to know everything I could about the subject.  

Until people change their habits...the weight they lose, will most definitely be gained back.  If you have food demons, and most of us do.  Then therapy might be a good start...get your head in the game and you will be more likely to lose and keep it off. 

Whatever it is you decide to do don't go for any fad diets or quick fixes.  Put in the hard work and you will be rewarded.   

(deactivated member)
on 7/19/15 9:46 pm

A healthy diet with daily exercise will help you shed the pounds. If you are breast feeding, you will want to lose weight slowly or else you won't be able to produce milk. breastfeeding makes your body burn calories and helps you to lose weight.

You should not skip your meals.

Should have a proper time table for eating.

Drink more water.

Choose boiled or baked food rather than fried and should limit sweets, sugar and fat.

You can do regular exercise to shed your pounds.

All these tips may help you to reduce your weight. Good luck!

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/15 10:59 pm

you should consider trying lipotropic injections. i have been a weight loss doctor for more than 20 years. if you want to find out more information about lipotropic injections you can visit my website at http://www.medicalsolutionsforweightloss.com/lipotropic-injections.aspx