Question about complication

lnpatton
on 7/16/15 6:19 pm

Hi Everyone, I am a new member and desperate for some help! I had Gastric Bypass 8 years ago and for two years, I had bouts of mind numbing horrific pain in my lower stomach and back. In April, I had successful surgery to repair an Internal Hernia which was a direct result of the surgery. The pain is back again! Is it possible to have two Internal Hernias?? Will I have to have surgery again?? Any advice/help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

AmyDee123
on 7/16/15 8:27 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

You will really need to have the doctor do a CT scan to know for sure.  But surgery depends on the type of hernia.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Grim_Traveller
on 7/16/15 9:19 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

You can get henias anytime, for many reasons. Obesity is a major reason for hernias, and a high percentage of WLS patients have hernias repaired at the same time as their bariatric surgery.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

H.A.L.A B.
on 7/17/15 2:27 am

Yes. It is possible. But it also could be something else, like adhesions. Hope you find what it's going on. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

crystal M.
on 7/17/15 8:06 am - Joliet, IL

Your abdominal cavity is a complicated area with many organs all crammed together.  Sure it could be another hernia but it could be something else.  You should get it checked out...sooner than later. 

Everyone is different so what we experience may not be the same as what you are experiencing.  I had a hernia repair at the time of my surgery.  I was unaware I even had one.  I had no pain...nothing.  See what I mean. 

Get it checked out.  Call your doctor now.   

japabp2000
on 7/17/15 8:37 am

Honestly have no helpful advice but I hope you go to your doctor to get it checked out and see what's going on. I also wanted to say that I hope you find out what it is soon and feel better very soon!

Carol S.
on 7/23/15 7:46 am - Milwaukee, WI

Mine turned out to be my appendix.  All the CT's etc. showed a normal appendix.  When they took it out, it wasn't infected, etc but it also was not healthy.  I'm so glad I pushed to have it taken out.  I had it taken out early last Saturday morning after a day in the ER.  I suffered for two years.  I'm sore but no where near as miserable as I was.  

Don't assume anything, go get it all checked out.  Good luck!

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.