Ariana Grande fat shaming....

Kathy S.
on 7/9/15 11:57 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Did you hear about the famous, rich little girl announcing at a donut shop she hates America and Americans because we are so fat?

Seriously?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Nic M
on 7/9/15 1:01 pm

She's kind of a spoiled little dink. She needs to go back to school, too, since she wrote, "Should OF" in her "apology." Just not bright at all. 

People who make fun of others for their weight usually end up getting fat themselves. She better rethink her attitude. 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

chris_ruff
on 7/9/15 6:43 am, edited 7/9/15 6:47 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i know she's the one with the pony tail but i've never heard any of her music. i'm sure it sucks to have constant pressure to be rail thin. i hear she was licking a donut. i find this more amusing than offensive. i know i said my fair share of stupid things when i was her age.

i have a cousin who exercises constantly and is very thin. both she and her fiance are extremely preoccupied with their looks and body image. they often make fat jokes on social media when they eat carbs or skip the gym. again, i'm more amused than offended because i just think how much it must suck to put that much emphasis on one's outward appearance. i wish more people put that kind of emphasis on being kind and intelligent. 

--Christina
SkinnyScientist
on 7/9/15 3:32 pm

" i wish more people put that kind of emphasis on being kind and intelligent. "

-I DID that.  Here is what happened...it was not appreciated. I got a Ph.D but my mom let me know that "no guy would ever want me because I was F.A.T."  I worked just as hard at my occupations when skinny as I did when I was MO.  I didnt get any awards/acknowledgemetns when I was MO, but when I was skinny I was flying to pharma clearinghouse meetings, getting podium talks, winning poster presentations and now, talks introducing new workers to our job.  

I totally chalk this up to an eff'ed up society.  The world wants the pretty telecaster...if she is SMART AND TALENTED, well that is just gravy. She has to be skinny and pretty first and foremost!

WEll, that has been my experience at least.

Oh..on the dating front. In the south and the North, when MO, I had no problem dating normal guys, my age that treated me well. But when I moved to DC, the men my age were just terrible!!! In DC, when MO, the only men that were attracted to me that aggressively pursued me were a) Groomy and b) 50 year old + men!  I asked a close guy friend about it and he explained it was because "I was a money maker" .  Now THAT gave me something ponder. The first wife spent all of his money and he deems I shall be the second so I can hustle for him?

Now that I am thin and married in DC..I have the guys my age dont care about wedding rings either.  So, I think the guys my age, in DC may just be entitled pukes...but maybe not...

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Laura in Texas
on 7/9/15 4:37 pm

"i hear she was licking a donut. i find this more amusing than offensive."

She licked and spit on many donuts that were later bought and eaten by other people. Completely disgusting. I might understand this if she were 2 years old, but she is 21 and knows better.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

SkinnyScientist
on 7/9/15 8:23 am, edited 7/9/15 8:23 am

I think she is going to have "one less problem" by me NOT buying any of her music ever again.  I will also mention her comment to my bodypump instructor. We use "Bang Bang" for that weight lifting class, but considering that she now dislikes the people that are seeking help inside the gym, I dont think the gym should play her music either.

What a little turd.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Grim_Traveller
on 7/9/15 6:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Never heard of her.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

MickeyDee
on 7/10/15 3:28 am

Well, if she continues to hang around in donut shops, she's going to be needing WLS in about 25 years!  

Funny how Life and Karma catch up.

AmyDee123
on 7/10/15 5:19 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I only know of her because my daughter watched her on TV and liked the shows she was on, and listens to her music.  We were watching the news during lunch and my daughter saw the story about what she did.  She says "That's a shame, I liked her music."  Then she got up and grabbed her iPod and deleted her album.  I was proud.  My daughter is 13.

My son is just glad cause he hates how all of her characters talk with a whispy mousey voice and he can't stand it.  He's glad that we won't be hearing her in the house anymore.  He's 12.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

The Salty Hag
on 7/10/15 8:23 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Awesome kiddos! Good for them. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty