hi everyone :) I'm new here and have a question about PCOS and VSG surgery?

(deactivated member)
on 7/8/15 7:13 pm

Hi there everyone!

Im 24 years old and am 305 pounds which is a lot at 5 foot 4 inches. I should have enough money for VSG surgery in about a year. I was just wondering if anyone has had VSG  surgery and has  polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS ) and if it has been successful for them? Or for anyone who has any advice for me for before and after surgery 

:) Thank  you so much! 

Maureen H.
on 7/9/15 1:54 am
VSG on 10/30/14

I have PCOS and had a VSG on 10/30/14. My PCOS symptoms have disappeared. My periods were very irregular for about 8 years prior to my VSG. I was only getting one or two periods a year during that time. As of December, two months after my surgery, my periods have become regular and I'm ovulating normally. Please let me know if you have any specific questions! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/9/15 6:27 am

That is awesome to hear! Thank you so much :D I can't think of any at the moment but I sure will! 

MAchick
on 7/9/15 9:14 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Hi there! 

I have PCOS and had the VSG on 1/27/14. Some of the symptoms have lessened but are still there.  Some are gone! My dark skin areas have lessened,  my periods are pretty much regular,  but I have an iud. Some ovarian pain,  but definitely lessened. Still have the hair :-/ Still have acne. My bloodwork has been fantastic! 

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/15 11:19 am

It is great to hear that the symptoms have lessened for you! I hope that it happens for me too! Thank you for sharing :D 

MsBatt
on 7/11/15 5:03 pm

While you're saving up for a life-changing surgery, also spend some time researching an alternate procedure, called the Duodenal Switch. The DS has the same stomach as the VSG, plus an intestinal bypass similar to, but more aggressive than, that of the RNY/gastric bypass. The DS has the very best long-term, maintained weight-loss stats of all the forms of WLS, especially for those of us with a BMI greater than 50. It's also the most effective at treating metabolic disorders, like PCOS, diabetes, and high cholesterol.

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/15 1:14 pm

I'll make sure to research that! Thank you!!