Do you find you love gardening since your weight loss?

Kathy S.
on 7/8/15 1:44 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I never thought I could grow anything.  Since my weight loss I love growing my own foods.  YUM!  Do you garden?  What do you like to grow?  My Garden helps me stay on track and gives me a feeling of accomplishment.

Small space so I do container growing.  

Early Girls

Sweet 100s

Green Beans

Peppers

Oranges 

Lemons

Herbs

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

AmyDee123
on 7/9/15 5:16 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I want to garden, but its so hot outside here in central florida.  I really do want to make an english garden sort of thing, though.  We have a new home and a good size yard,  I want to do a big fluffy border all along the back to hide the fact that we have neighbors.  But everytime i go out there its just too hot.

Do you use those upside down tomato bags for your tomatoes?  Topsy turvy i think they are called.  

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

crystal M.
on 7/9/15 6:42 am - Joliet, IL

I just moved into my house in May and have been cleaning up the yard.  The people before us were not "garden" people.  I am finally getting it to where I like it.  I have the front yard done and just stared the back yard.  I am telling you it's hard labor.  When I am done after a few hours I am covered in dirt and sweat.  Shoveling and tilling and what-not is hard work!!!  Definitely not something I would have been able to do at 360lbs that's for sure.    

Next year I will start my vegetable garden.  I want to put in raised beds. 

Kathy S.
on 7/9/15 1:08 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Crystal,

I noticed you have a blue box with a ? mark in your signature area.  Do you need help with what you were trying to display?

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kathyjs
on 7/9/15 6:58 am

I want to eat 'clean ' do have a huge garden. Green beans, zucchini, taters, peppers, onions, peas, large raspberry and strawberry patch, eggplant, garlic, I have scapes now :-) radishes,