Help with my reaccessment?

Kellyannah
on 7/7/15 6:56 pm - Canada

I am 22 years old and I went to the 3 appointments. The dietician told me that I was kinda young to have the surgery and so did the social worker... I have lost some weight on my own since this process has all started but I am wanting to get this surgery done. I have done a lot of preparation for the surgery... Now have to go back to Toronto August 11th for a sleep apnea test and then I see the dietician and social worker the next day. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can talk them into letting me have the surgery and getting them to think more positive about me having it? 

AmyDee123
on 7/8/15 6:51 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

I would explain that you are wanting to get the surgery now before your weight causes lifelong issues, body structure damage, and gets too out of control.  You also want to lose the excess before the skin gets too stretched out and you need to have skin surgery after.  

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

Kellyannah
on 7/8/15 6:53 pm - Canada

Thank you for your response AmyDee123! That does help. I just don't want to have to come back and keep getting reassessed. I thought everything went well at the appointments but then they said they would like me to come back and check up on me then...