Charity for weight loss surgery

Violet88
on 7/4/15 10:11 pm

What is the exchange you have healthcare through?    Yes, I'm going to check into all postop care and coverage for complications also. The one I talked to does cover all postop care including any complications along with follow up office visits. Anything related to the surgery they cover. But I don't live in that state so I'm going to call facilities in my state and see if they offer the same. Also check into obamacare 

Nic M
on 7/5/15 8:17 am

Good advice. My surgery was covered by insurance. I had massive complications and ended up losing my job, bank foreclosed on my house... there are lots of unforeseens that can accompany WLS. I'd never go into it without some sort of backup plan and a few bucks socked away, personally.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Violet88
on 7/5/15 2:07 pm

Oh goodness, sorry that happened to you.  It definitely is something for me to think about. I feel like no matter what I'll have to be strict on my diet so I may just give myself six months and see how I do on my own.  I have a lot to think about 

Grim_Traveller
on 7/5/15 6:18 am
RNY on 08/21/12

It never ceases to amaze me how much some people can act like douchenozzles.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/5/15 11:23 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Can you buy those at Lowe's?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Violet88
on 7/5/15 2:09 pm

Maybe they sell personalities there also

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/5/15 2:16 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

hollykim
on 7/5/15 7:29 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 5, 2015 at 2:09 PM Pacific Time, Violet88 wrote:

Maybe they sell personalities there also

oh I hope so and I hope they will give you one for free!

Violet88
on 7/5/15 2:10 pm

Same here.  Seems this post has attracted a lot of them. 

AmyDee123
on 7/5/15 10:34 am, edited 7/5/15 11:06 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Your chances are better on medicaid/medicare.  I think I remember being told all of the states now cover it.  The grant situations are not as smooth and easy as you are making it out to be, and even though the choices of patients happen by computer and could happen at any time its after a very long and grueling approval process.  That is for surgeries that are already accepted and studied.  You said you don't want anything experimental so you have immediately closed yourself out of many no-pay programs.

And lets talk about those...No-pay programs at educational hospitals do not cover everything.  At all.  And part of approval is showing that you can pay for the pre-care and after-care that is not covered.  They cover protein shakes?  Awesome.  That is such a small part of that.  You have psychological exams, possible physical therapy, skin removal surgery, VITAMINS, and so much more.  Any hospital program that says they are going to cover EVERYTHING for your surgery is lying.  they don't usually do that, so you might be, in your haste and blind rage, be reading into things.  

Obamacare is just an exchange that allows you to get healthcare through certain insurance companies at a preapproved cost.  Just like other exchanges.  You can try for that.  That and medicare/medicaid are your real options, but start saving now for what you are going to have to pay for out of pocket since you are, I'm assuming, very light on income since you are looking for charity.  You can't get your protein shakes covered by insurance.  Its called insurance fraud.  

All of that said, seeing as how you reacted to everyone and are looking for a handout, I really hope you don't get approved for anything.  I am sure you will send me a "you sound bitter" and "sounds like you need a cheeseburger" post like you have done to the others here.  Please do, it proves how much you don't deserve this.  :)  Its not being bitter.  Its that you just don't get it.  

We all worked extremely hard to get what we have.  We have changed insurance, changed jobs, changed our lives, saved up, and done everything needed.  "CHARITY" is not given to those that ask.  Its given to those that are deserved.  You proved you are not deserved of anything.  Those that make excuses for you are too forgiving and too kind hearted.  Sometimes people just ruin it for themselves and let their selfishness and laziness overrule.  Part of losing the weight and becoming healthy is taking personal responsibility for your actions and how you approach your weight loss.  Looking for a handout without working for it is not the way to start.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)