Charity for weight loss surgery

zann50
on 7/5/15 7:46 am
On July 4, 2015 at 2:43 PM Pacific Time, Violet88 wrote:

Yes, I would definitely research the surgeon first.  This one I know of he is paid through grants. He's been a doctor for a long time. The grants pay him to do the surgery. It's all in research. If you go this route you follow up through support groups and also long term with the teaching hospital to see how you do with the surgery long term.  I'm really surprised nobody here has heard of this.   I should've researched this before ever posting here but since it was a "support" forum I thought it would be a great place to start.  Boy was I wrong.  I do appreciate everyone who was nice and also the private messages I got from supportive people and them warning me about the jaded people here.   In the future, maybe it wouldn't hurt for everyone to be nice to new people here.  

Oh dear, Violet88...one of the folks at the same WLS clinic I used had Medicare/Medicaid and they covered the RNY procedure, but not a gastric sleeve or band.  She was 45y/o and I think on disability. 

Good luck on achieving your goal.  Keep your eyes on the prize!

Zann

VGS- 2015

zann50
on 7/5/15 7:52 am

Oh, it just came to me.  I was told that the TLC channel that airs "My 600-lb Life" pays for the surgery and relocation to TX to be close to Dr. Now for post-op care... now that's a deal!!!  I'm just say'in

Zann

VGS- 2015

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/4/15 1:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

This is the Internet. People get goofy sometimes. I don't think anybody would SERIOUSLY tell someone to have surgery in a parking lot.

Nobody hates you, nobody's trying to chase you away. If you can't handle a few well-meaning silly comments, good luck finding somewhere else to hang out online.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Violet88
on 7/4/15 1:33 pm

Find some other post to comment on :)

The Salty Hag
on 7/4/15 3:38 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Eh...after reading all of her replies to you all, I might hate her a little bit. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Violet88
on 7/4/15 9:14 pm

Doesn't bother me a bit. :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/4/15 1:15 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I wouldn't hold my breath on a charity, or a charity surgeon. People want to make money. You'll have to find your own way to pay for wls. Take out a loan, get a job with better health insurance, save up for it. WORK for it! This is your life & your health is worth you finding ways to pay for the surgery.

Other people can find a way to pay for it, so can you. Stop looking for a hand out & figure it out.   

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Violet88
on 7/4/15 1:18 pm

See my above message.  You know nothing about me.   

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/4/15 1:22 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

Didn't see your message till after you posted. Like I said people want to make money, unless you have the worst hard luck story out there where people will give you a hand out thru whatever charity is out there, you're going to be majorly disappointed.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Violet88
on 7/4/15 1:28 pm

Like I said before I found out there are programs and grants for people without insurance for WLS and some great surgeons who do this. Whatever you wanna call a handout go right ahead.  If I qualify and find a surgeon then I'll do it. I've never been on public assistance and I've worked since I was 15 so maybe this one "handout" is truly deserved.   Sorry you're such an angry person that you have to make a judgment on someone you don't even know. Maybe that's something for you to work on :)