Protein Poll

Aperk
on 7/2/15 4:23 pm

Thanks ladies I'll give a few of those a try! I like chocolate and coffee flavored stuff but I know I will need more of a variety. Luckily my husband likes protein when he works out and he will eat or drink anything. So it won't go to waste. 

I love to have a morning iced latte. When could you all have caffeinated coffee again? I figure I could make a protein latte mix 

babs_02
on 7/3/15 6:11 pm - NY

Syntrax Nectar Chocolate Truffle is my go to shake. I like dark chocolate so I add a teaspoon of Hersheys Dark Cocoa in the can it's the sugar free one. It's my chocolate fix and I sometimes mix it with low fat vanilla soy milk. You can also use sugar free almond milk or plain water. Vitamin World usually has small trial packets. Get a few and try them. Everyone's taste buds are different.

irishblue422
on 7/2/15 4:31 pm - Tulsa

I live on Syntrax! I have the strawberry moose or coffee flavors inthe am with skim milk for breakfast and one of the fruit flavors with water later in the day. I love fuzzy navel and twisted cherry, and with the fruit ones tend to taste better wit 12oz of water. 

Ps, you could not even pay me to drink isopure.

HW: 336, CW: 266                    VSG on 1/23/2015

GW: 150

Aperk
on 7/2/15 4:47 pm

I was just browsing vitamin shoppe haven't seen any coffee flavored ones. Maybe I'll make a trip up there tomorrow.

psren13
on 7/2/15 5:06 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

MyBariatricPantry has the Syntrax Nectar Sample pkgs.  

Mary Gee
on 7/2/15 6:19 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

nashuanutrition.com sells samples of several brands/flavors -- $1.95 each -- I just ordered several yesterday.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

SkinnyScientist
on 7/8/15 8:06 am

I am glad these samples are available. It pretty terrible, blowing 30 bucks on a huge jug of powder and finding out it tastes horrible. Then, trying to figure out ways to "hide" it

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

diane48
on 7/3/15 7:56 am
RNY on 05/07/13

If you like your iced latte in the morning you may want to check out Click coffee protein powder.  Yummy!  It comes in different flavors and decaffeinated also.  I have found it on Amazon.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 7/3/15 1:37 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I love Nectar -- I think I've had nearly every flavor... my favorites are Vanilla Bean Torte (agree with Lora!!), Double Stuffed Cookie and Chocolate truffle -- I mix those with unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk.

In the fruity flavors, I love the fuzzy navel, strawberry kiwi, and cherry.  I always mix them with water flavored with a complimentary Mio or Crystal Light.  The only flavors I didn't like were grape and cappuccino.  

For Iced coffee flavor, I like to use one packet of Starbuck's Via, Cold water, 1 scoop of vanilla bean torte and sweetener to taste.  It's wonderful!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

NHPOD9
on 7/3/15 2:10 pm

Love the Nectars! I don't drink protein drinks very often, but will turn to the Fuzzy Navel or Caribbean Coolers when I do. As Grim said, they are one of the few protein drinks I have found that work great with water. In the summer especially, I am not a fan of thick, milky shakes (it's a texture issue).

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius