Protein Poll

Aperk
on 7/2/15 1:08 pm

Im interested in trying the syntrax protein. What is everyone's favorite fruity flavor? Also I thought awhile back I read you can order samples of different kinds of protein shakes. Anyone know what website that may be? Also thoughts on unjury chicken soup? I'm 3 weeks pre op and I'm trying to get some stuff together. Thanks 

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/15 1:23 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I didn't like the Syntrax Nectar because I prefer creamy to fruity protein, but my husband loves the Caribbean Cooler (I think that's what it's called). It's kind of a teal color. I liked the Unjury chicken soup but wound up buying WAY too much of it -- I found I didn't want it at all once I was able to have mushy foods, and that 2 weeks of all liquids flew by. Lucky for me, they took it back and exchanged it for the chocolate splendor, which I have for breakfast every day.

Aperk
on 7/2/15 1:28 pm

I tried one of those isopure drinks from the glass bottle at the store. Is it anything like that? It was gross. Whatever flavor I had anyways.

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/15 1:49 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I've never tried the Isopure so I can't compare it, I'm sorry. I thought I'd like them as an alternative to chocolate or vanilla, but the "fullness" of protein drinks (even if they don't thicken, they're somehow denser than other beverages) just didn't sit well with me. It's chocolate Unjury for me all the way now, hahaha.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/15 3:21 pm - OH

No, they are NOT AT ALL the same!  The Nectars are actually consumable and some of the flavors are actually fairly tasty. You would have to PAY me to drink thsoe nasty Isopure protein waters!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Grim_Traveller
on 7/3/15 8:09 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm with Lora. The bottled Isopure taste like ass. Unwashed ass. The Syntrax Nectar Roadside Lemonade and Fruit Punch were great, and the only ones I tried that were good mixed with jus****er.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

crob50
on 7/3/15 10:30 pm
with

I am laughing my ass off reading your post.  ROFL

hollykim
on 7/2/15 7:36 am, edited 7/2/15 7:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 2, 2015 at 1:08 PM Pacific Time, Aperk wrote:

Im interested in trying the syntrax protein. What is everyone's favorite fruity flavor? Also I thought awhile back I read you can order samples of different kinds of protein shakes. Anyone know what website that may be? Also thoughts on unjury chicken soup? I'm 3 weeks pre op and I'm trying to get some stuff together. Thanks 

I like the Syntrax Twisted Cherry,Grapefruit and the lemon tea. 

Npw,I don't like them just mixed with the recommended amount of water. I mix one scoop of whatever I am using say the lemon tea,and mix it with 8 oz of cool water in a blender ball cup.the next are do foam a bit so don't use a magic bullet or those things. I let it sit on the counter a while then I pour all of it into a 20 or 32 ounce bottle and fill with water. 

I add a complimentary flavor,like mango,to it to taste and I'm good to go.

I also like their chocolate in u sweet am

lmond milk. It is very thin like choc milk to me.. Vitalady.com has samples you can buy. The Syntrax site might have also. Maybe netrition.com

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/15 3:24 pm - OH

My favorite was the Twisted Cherry and teh Roadside Lemonade (which is better if you add some Crystal Light lemonade powder to it).  I also liked the Strawberry-Kiwi. I occasionally had a Sour Apple or one of the others, but just when I really needed something different.

I also think their Vanilla Bean Torte powder is the very best vanilla protein powder out there. I still buy it (at 8 years out) -- along with Unjury Chocolate Splendor -- to add to my SF morning hot chocolate.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/2/15 3:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I like the Syntrax fuzzy navel, I mix it with orange Crystal Light and it's really good. Makes good popsicles, too!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!