Here it comes: B*TCHFest!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/2/15 2:21 pm, edited 7/2/15 2:21 pm - OH

Wow, talk about a counselor lacking boundaries!  Inviting your daughter to travel with her on a campus visit is a serious breach of professional ethics.  If it were me, I would confront her about it establishing an inappropriate dual relationship (plus, as you said, making you the "bad guy").

You already know that I support you 100% on your decision, and even if the counselors don't agree, I think it is pretty ****ty for EITHER counselor to question that decision knowing that it has already been made.  Unfortunately, some counselors -- usually poor ones -- (whether Counselors, Psychologists, or Social Workers) try to build rapport with adolescents by finding (or creating) opportunities to "side" with them against their parents. 

Lora

edited for autocorrect...

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

The Salty Hag
on 7/3/15 5:23 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Yeah, my "uh, not no but HELL NO" alarm was going off when the PTI counselor mentioned that. 

My daughter and I had an appointment with her regular counselor yesterday, and we discussed the college thing. She was under the impression I wanted Gabby to not take any classes at all...even if she stays local. I straightened things out with her.

As for the other counselor, I haven't decided what my course of action will be besides the straight out "No" I already gave her in response to her offer. 

Your support really means a lot to me, Lora. Thank you. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

zann50
on 7/1/15 3:16 pm

This is a slight annoyance but...I get so exhausted with the question "So, now what do you do since you are retired?  Ever think of getting a part-time job?"  Hell no!!!  I love being retired!!  I have no desire to work again.  I am living life with a lot less frustration.  Really???  I could always say WLS post-op is my new occupation.  ARG!

Zann

VGS- 2015

KathyA999
on 7/2/15 8:53 pm

I know, right?  I'm 7 months from retirement, and everyone wants to know what I'm going to "do" in retirement, and some ask about getting a job.  Getting a JOB?   FFS, not work, is what I'm going to do.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/1/15 3:35 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

My dumbass soon-to-be-returning-to-Japan boss who asked me to track the mileage on our company vehicles and report back to him on the last day of the month.   I sent out an email and everyone responded with the mileage - except for him.  I had to send him a second email.  He's the idiot who wanted this report.  I pity his poor wife who hasn't had to live with him for 12 years.  She must be miserable with the thought of him returning and treating her like ****  He told his secretary that she has "no common sense" because she wouldn't falsify a government document for him.  He is the scum of the earth.  I think he's angry these days because it will be more difficult to hide his addiction to ****** when he returns to Japan.  It's been easy for him to trek down to Tijuana every weekend for some hot old man on boy action without his peers (and long suffering wife) looking down on him.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Oxford Comma Hag
on 7/1/15 6:32 pm
Everything. Depression sucks a bag of dicks. I am tired of taking meducation just to feel semi okay. People who make passive-aggressive comments then are surprised when I respond with a negative reaction. **** coworker who told me the day I brought in pastries for everyone thatthey all thought I was trying to buy their friendship. Gee, ***** thanks a ******g lot. People who are something else. Example: 'Oh, I am a graphic designer. I am just working here for now.' Well **** me. I really am a receptionist. I am not masquerading as anything else-that's it. Yup, I guess that makes me stupid for having a lame job. Fireworks for days before the holiday. Religious fundamentalism.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/15 4:38 am

I totally agree about depression. I does suck a bag of dicks. I hate fireworks. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/1/15 6:42 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Oh I needed this post today! My husband is mad about something but won't tell me what. He's just been an ********ince he got home from work, and when I try to ask, he just blows me off or says cryptic things like "it started before I even got home." I seriously have no idea what he's got his panties in a twist about. I'm sick of sometimes being the only mature adult in my marriage!

iloveravens
on 7/1/15 7:07 pm
RNY on 08/13/14

Pissed off at my failed ablation.  Went through that God awful procedure for NOTHING.  3 months later, I've had 3 periods like clockwork exactly according to iperiod.  SUCKKKKKS.  Especially when you travel so much.     and the 3 periods I've had are just as bad as before the procedure.  Thanks for nothing!  

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

NYMom222
on 7/1/15 8:55 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I am *****ing at myself... have had friends staying with me for 2 weeks with their 3 kids which has been great but after 2 weeks I am succumbing to the massive carbs in my house...that aren't usually there...I did fine for the first 12 days- only an occasional carb but the last 2 days have stunk.  So I want them to leave so I can get back to 'normal'... is that terrible? It just scares me...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save