Should I get on a scale?

Doingrightin2015
on 7/8/15 2:59 am
RNY on 03/10/15

I think we all have to do what works for us. I am weigh daily for the most part except when I am not home in the morning. I weigh when I first get up. For me weighing helps keep me on track. Before weight loss surgery if I was not dieting.....I didn't weigh and that is what got me into big trouble. Not weighing keep me in denial and that is what caused me to gain back over 80 lbs of the 108 I had loss previously on Weigh****chers not to mention all the time I had lost weight before and then stopped weighing. So for me weighing daily or most everyday will always be my routine...it will keep me in check.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

"LADYbug-j" L
on 7/8/15 9:11 am - Laurel, MD
For some the scale is love! & for others it can be the kiss of death, depending on how you look at it. Alot of attention goes into weighing, and then you drive your self batty in obsessing over it too. We all handle it differently. For me, I know have to be careful with weighing and think about it as much, sure I am on a mission to lose some regain, but it's going to take time, & I don't want the scale jacking me up, as it has in the past. You will indeed be at the honeymoon phase, so with some good exercise & little food to start out, the weight melts off literally & it's a beautiful thing. (this does not happen for all) And at some point I hit a plateau and maybe jumping on the scale too much discouraged me and I gave up to soon. Never originally made it to goal. Lost 130lbs. Currently trying to lose 50lbs. to make it to a new goal. However tread very lightly with the scale, it can be your friend or your worst enemy. Let's be real, if does not show weight loss, we get upset, and for some if it show plateau or gain then the person knows to step it up on cutting back foods & pumping up exercise. You have to find your own right place. I think as you suggested letting the docs office weigh you, and then later on through the journey, you can weigh in yourself? Even now I am trying to figure out how I will play the scale game, because for me, the beloved scale has often times been the sabotage of it all. Bottom line if your eating appropriate foods, vits & daily exercise regiment, then the weight it bond to come off, but if you slip up, & I do know, weighing to often the scale will still your Joy? I am on the fence I have to say. However I do hope I gave you something to think about and consider. I am So excited for you on your up & coming jouney!! Keep me/us posted. Best Wishes & Stay healthy and Strong, that what it's all about. And losing weight and looking good is not bad either!! Enjoy the Ride, but hold on tight! Peace. jbug