Keep throwing up everything all the sudden!

AmyDee123
on 7/8/15 6:04 am - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

Sounds like what we call in my house a "sad stomach day".  Its almost like your tummy has decided to throw a temper tantrum for some reason.  When I was banded it was caused mostly by dehydration.  Not that I have my RNY (only 4 weeks, mind you.  I'm no expert) it can be caused by a number of things.  And once it starts it seems to not stop until I have had some time letting my stomach calm down, like over night.  

Case in point, yesterday I did not get all my water in.  So I felt iffy for the later half of the day.  I sat down to 3oz of italian sausage for dinner and after eating all of it realized that, while it was perfectly fine the day before, it was too much at that time.  That led to vomiting, which then everytime I tried to drink water I vomited that up too.  Last night sucked, basically.  

But this morning I am sipping a protein shake, very very slowly, and it is going well.  My stomach is still a little sad but it is on the healing side of things.  We just have to look at what is causing it and make sure we try not to do it again.

As for the MultiVite, if I am not ready to eat a full meal I take my vites with a spoon or two of yogurt first.  This way it does not just go right through my pouch, and it coats my stomach.  Might help.

As for the ER conversation.  A vomiting episode (one day counts as an episode) is something we just have to live with occassionally.  2 days and you contact your surgeon's office.  ER is for when you have fainting with your vomiting, are vomiting violently (projectile vomiting with difficult breathing), your vomit contains blood or is dark green (Bile), or the pain with vomiting is severe.  These can be signs of a tear or blockage.  THAT is the reason to go to the ER.

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)