Does it seem like Hollywood lies about weight loss?

Betty Todd
on 7/7/15 3:58 pm, edited 7/7/15 3:59 pm - Seattle, WA

Of course Hollywood lies about weight loss.  I've learned that life is an illusion, perception, etc.  Hollywood has air brush pros. I don't trust many photos in magazines - most are tweaked.  When I lived in Houston, TX and several years before WLS, I was going to a "weight loss clinic" where people could get shots or pills to lose weight.  I was there one day and a very shapely blonde walked in and they were so proud of her and also informed all of us in the waiting room that she WORKED at a fitness gym.  WHAT!?  I thought they got their slim bodies by good diets and exercising at their gym.  Another incident: I was attending a company lunch and a woman told me that a plastic surgeon asked her daughter to do a photo shoot for a magazine for his practice.  I asked if he did plastic surgery on her and she said 'no' - I was stunned and appalled  at how unethical that dr. was - she did say her daughter thought about it. I don't know the outcome of that one.  But my trust isn't as strong as it was.

Betty Todd
Houston, TX to Kerrville, TX to Seattle, WA