Hair Fibers???

thallnc
on 7/2/15 2:22 pm - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

Has anyone tried the hair fibers that you sprinkle in the hair to hide where it is thinning? Thoughts? 

I had really thin and fine hair before surgery now it's coming out looking so bad. I had 3 inches cut off and layers put in last night but it's still looking bad on top. 

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

White Dove
on 7/2/15 3:05 pm - Warren, OH

I bought them at Sally's Beauty Supply and they worked great

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/2/15 3:24 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I used them and they worked really well! My hair is very fine as well, and it did a really good job of hiding the bare spots on my scalp.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Corrie33
on 7/2/15 8:40 am, edited 7/2/15 8:40 am
RNY on 02/09/15

This is the first I've heard of them, but will keep them in mind.  I had my surgery about a week before you, and so far I haven't lost much hair.  Mine, too, is super fine/thin and I can't afford much.  I'm dreading the day it begins.

Do you mind if I ask when yours started falling out?  Was it big handfuls, or just more and more strands in your comb after brushing?  How did you first notice it?

Thanks.  

GOAL REACHED! 170 lbs lost...

RNY: 2/9/15 (age 52), Ht-5'9" HW=304, SW=292, GW=155, LW=134, CW=147

Mo.1 -29lbs Mo.2 -18lbs Mo.3 -13lbs Mo.4 -11lbs Mo.5 - 14lbs Mo.6 - 10lbs Mo. 7 -11lbs Mo. 8 -9.4lbs

thallnc
on 7/2/15 4:51 pm - NC
VSG on 02/18/15

More of my hair started falling out around the 3 month mark. It makes my sick to my stomach every morning but it's a trade off for the weight loss. It's really coming out all over it just looks worse in the mornings when I take a shower and look down at my hands and see all the strands. I have been taking biotin and using Nioxin shampoo and conditioner to help with the regrowth. Luckily I do already have some regrowth coming back in.

Height: 5'5" HW: 278.2; SW: 268.2; CW: 175.6

babs_02
on 7/3/15 6:00 pm - NY

I'm going on 3 years out RNY and had very thin hair to start with and it got worse so around 4 months out I began using Nioxin 4 for thin hair and the conditioner. It has helped a lot. Now I am noticing it thinning again. I need to up my protein a little more. My doctor says 65 gr. is enough but I know I need more. I try to keep it around 90gr.

Poodlemac
on 7/3/15 8:45 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Mine started probably month 4 with much more than normal hair in the shower. I would gasp at the about of hair in my hand if I ran it thru my hair- wet or dry. My bff is a hair dresser and I would send her pics of how much was in my hand, in the tub, in my pillow, in my brush. CRAAA-ZEEE. I cut a lot off and thought it looked better until I saw it in a photo. It's awful. I have practically no bangs  left and they curl uncontrollably because they are so thin. It's a challenge and nothing really helps. I just went to a support group meeting with a surgeon answering questions. The general consensus is time is the only thing that will help. All the other stuff makes us feel like we're helpsng, but it doesn't really. 

cspotrun
on 7/4/15 9:02 am
RNY on 07/01/14

mine stopped falling out at 6 months.  hope yours ends soon.  it's very disconcerting. 

Karen   

jgreenlee12
on 7/4/15 6:12 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

I used the hair fibers (X Fusion from Amazon) even before surgery. My hair was massively thin before. I love the fibers. I was so selfconcience about how thin it was and now its even thinner. So it helps alot

Tracy D.
on 7/6/15 11:14 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I've used them constantly since WL surgery and still do.  Toppik is the brand I get.  The key is to part the hair at the thinner spots, sprinkle it over the scalp and put the hair back.  Then use hairspray to "set it".  

Works beautifully - you just have to remember not to go and scratch your head cuz you'll come away with your fingers coated in hair fibers ;-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15