5 weeks post op NEED HELP!!

AmyDee123
on 6/26/15 3:08 pm - Lutz, FL
RNY on 06/12/15

3 week stall,  more water, and relax.   I had my surgery 2 weeks ago, had to have emergency surgery after for something else and went 12 days without eating.   And I GAINED!  Our bodies have a hard time starting.   We just did traumatic stuff to it.   Just keep doing what you are supposed to and hide the scale for a bit.   It will break and you will lose. 

LapBand Weight 460 (2006) | Panni Removal Weight 200 (2008) | 3rd kid (2009)
Revision to RNY Weight 355 (June 2015)

MickeyDee
on 6/27/15 1:28 am

You're entirely normal.

Stay off the scale.  It'll drive you nutz.

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 6/27/15 6:36 am - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

You contacted you nutritionalist - good.  Do you have a one-month followup with your surgeon?

What helped me - only weigh once a week (I 'only' lose 2 pounds a week, so to weigh more often means the day-to-day variability was a roller coaster.)  You do not give your age or starting weight, which impact rate of weight loss.  As to your age - I am 58, but my older friends seem to lose at a slower rate with more stalls, my younger friends lose faster.  (not a thorough study)  If you take your friend's experience as a guide for what should you experience, you will most likely be disappointed.  I found that the only person's opinion that counts this soon after your surgery is your surgeon's - more than yours because it's still too soon to really evaluate if you are happy or not with your decision to have the WLS.   (Personally, a 21 pound loss would have been a miracle for me - think about it your surgery was 5 weeks ago and your body that a lot of adjustments to make.) 

Keep doing what you are doing and enjoy something new.

This is a "Steady Eddie wins the race" situation.

I also took a short course in Mindful Eating given at a local health center - 4 nights - 2 hours a night.  This helped me move on from old habits.  I recommend this - I started it about 2-3 months after surgery when 'normal life issues' had returned.

Sharon