Packing!!

beckyp0320
on 6/22/15 8:48 am

What did you pack for the hospital? What did you wish you had brought but didn't? What did you bring that you wish you hadnt? My surgery is Wednesday!! aaahhh!!!

rocky513
on 6/22/15 8:56 am - WI

The hospital will provide you with almost everything you will need (toothpaste, soap, lotion, shampoo, mouthwash, non-slip socks, hospital gown and robe, comb).  Bring Chapstick. your mouth and lips will be SO dry.  Bring earplugs.  The hospital is LOUD and earplugs will help you sleep.  Bring your own pillow.  Hospital pillows SUCK.  You will sleep better on your own pillow and you can use it to brace four stomach for the bounce car ride home.  Bring baggy clothes to wear home.  You will likely gain weight from the fluids they pump into you and you want to be comfortable on your trip home.  

Don't bring too much stuff.  Remember that you have to lug it all home and put it way.  You won't feel like doing that.  You will be sleeping and walking and then sleeping some more.  I had zero attention span.  I brought magazines and books that I never even touched.

Good Luck!!!!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 6/22/15 9:28 am

Rocky is totally right. I had packed a suitcase of crap that I didn't need. Ear plugs are a great idea. Have a pillow in the car to cover your stomach if it is a bumpy road to. 

Good luck to you. 

beckyp0320
on 6/22/15 10:00 am

Thanks! It sounds like kind of what I have been planning but I like the idea of the ear plugs!!  My husband is going to be w/ me the whole time so he can lug stuff around for me ;)

healthy2be
on 6/22/15 9:45 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I brought biotene mouthwash (mouth was so dry), my cell phone and charger (lot of FB friends cheering me on.  Husband posted for me when I got out of surgery), chap stick, and a body pillow.  I wore the same outfit out that I wore in.  

The body pillow helped TREMENDOUSLY with changing positions and overall comfort.  

Kathy S.
on 6/22/15 10:22 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130