Stevia or others Alberta

Fattyb00mbatty
on 6/22/15 5:15 pm

Hey I'm looking for stevia or other no calorie sweetener options here in Alberta. I'm in Edmonton and I hear horror stories about sweeteners. I don't want to over utilize Splenda because it's tendency to work like a mega diuretic for me. YUCK. Please help

Kathy S.
on 6/22/15 7:30 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi

Try posting this on the Alberta Forum also to reach out to those in the area you live in!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

MickeyDee
on 6/22/15 8:55 pm

I use Truvia or Stevia-based sweetners.  Stevia is a leaf which is very sweet and doesn't have the digestive effects that the artificial sweetners do (at least not on me). 

MaronitaMay
on 6/25/15 4:32 am

I would recommend either Stevia or Truvia.  They are strictly plant based.  I learned that most natural health stores in Edmonton, Canada carry it.  Here in Massachusetts (USA) they can be found in major supermarkets and places live CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, etc.  They are both very good.  I have tried both of them.  I have found around Massachusetts I need to bring my own if I need to use a sweetener while I'm out and about as most restaurants/fast food places don't carry it.  Cheapest (at least where I live) if I buy it as if it is a 5 pound bag of sugar and then just pack it into much smaller containers as opposed to buying it as a box of one serving packets.

MaronitaMay