Salad

helionoftroy
on 6/24/15 2:59 pm - Lexington, SC
RNY on 03/23/15

You must have some serious insecurities if posting nutritional information got you upset. 2 grams of carbs per serving is not a bowl full. I'm pleased that you laughed your a$$ off because narrow minded viewpoints can't see beyond their superiority and that is more telling about who YOU are. Yeah, I like Tyra Banks and I especially like Greece, which is where this was filmed and is where I'm from. YOU have made this personal because YOU can't handle someone calling you out, and I will continue to if I read something you post that I disagree with. I"m sure you won't stop till you get the last word. Your long term knowledge is worthless when presented in the snarky tone you take pride in using. Please do us both a favor and block me. You hide behind an anonymous profile, which prevents me from blocking you.   

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/24/15 3:16 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On June 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM Pacific Time, helionoftroy wrote:

You must have some serious insecurities if posting nutritional information got you upset. 2 grams of carbs per serving is not a bowl full. I'm pleased that you laughed your a$$ off because narrow minded viewpoints can't see beyond their superiority and that is more telling about who YOU are. Yeah, I like Tyra Banks and I especially like Greece, which is where this was filmed and is where I'm from. YOU have made this personal because YOU can't handle someone calling you out, and I will continue to if I read something you post that I disagree with. I"m sure you won't stop till you get the last word. Your long term knowledge is worthless when presented in the snarky tone you take pride in using. Please do us both a favor and block me. You hide behind an anonymous profile, which prevents me from blocking you.   

You will continue to respond "if [you] read something you post that [you] disagree with."

Peachy! But why shouldn't others be able to do the same?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Chilipepper
on 6/24/15 3:55 pm
On June 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM Pacific Time, helionoftroy wrote:

Holdup Aphrodite. I responded to the OP with my opinion and you chimed in on me. You started this. I don't block people. Less than a month ago you couldn't eat all of your protein so you decided to suppliment with shakes. Now you have all kinds of knowlegdge to try and lecture me. Talk to me when you hit goal. 

BTW, people like you are the reason I keep my profile private. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Grim_Traveller
on 6/24/15 11:03 am
RNY on 08/21/12
On June 23, 2015 at 7:13 PM Pacific Time, Chilipepper wrote:
On June 23, 2015 at 11:32 AM Pacific Time, helionoftroy wrote:

There was a photo session on America's Next Top Model where they were posing in a huge salad bowl and pouring olive oil all over themselves. Salad forever!! No salad for you OP! So say the vets! At least she's craving salad and not a cheeseburger.

We all now realize you have aspirations of rolling around in a bowl of tomatoes and iceberg lettuce trying to get this body but sweetheart, your lettuce fetish won't get you here. Proteins will. Then you can pour olive oil all over yourself at that point also. 

I would skip the veggies in this and get right to the meat.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

boxtop2006
on 6/25/15 12:43 pm
RNY on 03/24/15

Thanks for the laugh!  You have no idea how much it was needed!!!

Consult: 235 Surgery: 209 Current: 158.5 Goal: 140     

Chilipepper
on 6/23/15 12:33 pm

She is 2 months post op also. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

jazzycatz
on 6/23/15 12:53 pm - Joppa, MD

Yea I didn't see that until after I had posted.

And now I want a cheeseburger!  If I lettuce wrap one does that make me a hypocrite?

Chilipepper
on 6/23/15 12:56 pm

Lol. Nah. You are 5 yrs out and get it. 

hollykim
on 6/24/15 8:39 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On June 23, 2015 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, helionoftroy wrote:

Actually, the salad I make has cheese, garbanzo beans, and either ham or turkey with a homemade vinaigrette. Sometimes I get fancy and add shrimp to the iceberg. What other things are you referring to? Croutons? Ranch dressing? Or is it maybe other veggies that are the problem because they are full of carbs? Should we toss out the tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and peppers because they contain carbs? How about blueberries? Should we eliminate them as well? I suppose if we want to stay strictly to all meat we should make room for some type of laxative. Thanks, but I would rather have a bowl of salad full of healthy carbs and not suffer with constipation.

ppl add all kinds of things  to salads,croutons,nuts,extra cheese,dried cranberries,bacon bits,fruit.

while some of these are healthy for ppl sensitive to carbs they can stop weight loss in its tracks. 

ladygodiva1228
on 6/24/15 4:33 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On June 22, 2015 at 4:53 PM Pacific Time, helionoftroy wrote:

One cup of iceberg lettuce contains: 10 calories, 0 grams of fat, 1 gram protein, 2 grams carbs (1 of dietary fiber), 7 percent of vitamin A, 3 percent of vitamin C, 1 percent of calcium and 2 percent of iron. It also contains trace amounts of potassium, folate, vitamin K, magnesium and phosphorus. Sometimes you just gotta have a salad. The first thing I craved when I could have whole food was a salad.

Iceberg lettuce is the worst lettuce to eat as there is no nutritional value to it at all. 

If you are so hung up on having salad at two months out at least use romaine, baby spinach, baby kale, something that is better for you. 

I'm almost 5 months out and haven't touch lettuce to busy making sure my protein needs are met first. 

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl