MY MIND IS PLAYING TRICKS ON ME!

SKmammabear
on 6/21/15 2:53 pm

I am working my normal 12 hour shift today and usually it's easy to work and not munch.  Today my mind is totally playing with my tummy and trying to tell me I'm hungry!  I KNOW I'm not!  I know it's boredom - it's very slow today.  Before surgery, I would eat out of boredom.  Today is a total struggle.  I have eaten a little bag of jerky from the vending machine...  I had tuna for lunch...  my brain still isn't satisfied!  It's going to be a LONG afternoon... 

MickeyDee
on 6/21/15 4:00 pm

Drink lots of water and try to find some more protein.

akua420
on 6/24/15 7:54 am

Definitely Protein is important.  That is what I have been focusing on, and its keeping my hunger at bay.  I've been posting everything I've been eating, so take a look if your interested in what I have been doing to keep my protein up.

https://instagram.com/sleevedin2015/

Kellyrob
on 6/21/15 6:18 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

I work 12 hr nights and I get that way around 3/4 am. I pack more then I usually eat to avoid snacking on junk. I have to say it still gets me every once and awhile. Protine drinks at that time seem to help. It is definitely a daily struggle. Good luck!

Cathy W.
on 6/22/15 7:50 am

Those days are so very difficult!  Been there and done that myself many times.  

You nailed it by knowing your head hunger is from boredom since it was slow at work.  Identifying that is a huge step so congrats for that. 

I hope your afternoon picked up so you weren't bored.

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!