Any creative uses for old underwear?

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/15 9:23 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Wow that's impressive! In 2013 I moved from Ohio to Oregon...I know that's an expensive trip!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/20/15 9:24 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I do it at least once a year.  I stay at least a month in Oregon -- my mother is older and I am an only child. 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

crystal M.
on 6/20/15 11:58 am - Joliet, IL

This will sound weird but maybe...

I don't know handy you are but if they are literally barely worn and pretty.  I was thinking you use them to make those potpourri sachets...of course don't use the crotch part...LOL

Just buy some potpuri and some ribbon and there you go.  You can put them in your drawers. 

Here are some examples

http://www.amazon.com/Zziggysgal-Lavender-Beautiful-Keepsake-Included/dp/B0036G1KHW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434826404&sr=8-1&keywords=potpourri+sachet

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/20/15 12:48 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

If they're cotton or microfiber, you can safety-pin them around the end of a Swiffer stick and use them to dust the floors :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Hislady
on 6/20/15 6:15 pm - Vancouver, WA

If they are truly like new I would donate to charity because they probably bleach things like that and I'm sure there are folks who would be glad to have them. You might call them first to make sure they take them. Some of the homeless shelters and local charities may be more likely to take them. I too hate to see things thrown away! If there are some that aren't top notch I love the potpouri idea!

alouisa63
on 6/21/15 4:42 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

My mom has actually sold "almost new" undies in a garage sale.  The woman that bought them said she was a foster parent and lots of times the kids came to her with little to nothing in the way of clothes.  She searched garage sales for items to keep on hand and said it was very hard to find larger sized things and a price she could afford on money she got from the state (especially for the higher priced plus sized clothes)

Another thought might be a woman's shelter.

edgehanger
on 6/23/15 4:29 am - TX

I cut up mine up for paint, stain and varnish disposable rags. They are in the garage for future use. Just used the seats not elastic etc. If they are a cotton blend this works, nylon or other fabrics probably not. 

Karen P.
on 6/23/15 3:12 pm

If they are truly like new, women's shelters can always use them. Many women have to leave an abusive situation without their belongings.  

diane S.
on 6/23/15 7:06 pm

Well you could stitch shut the openings and then stuff them as pillows!  Or cut into squares and make a quilt. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/