Shapewear-need advice

SkinnyScientist
on 6/11/15 11:07 am

Thank you Tracy!  I will go over there tomorrow!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/15 11:34 am

Groomy?  I thought you were married?

excuse my ignorance,  but as someone whose english is like 4th language I learned, don't you call your SO  "groom" before the wedding and a husband after?   

just wondering, before I never heard someone called their SO "groomy" AFTER the wedding...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SkinnyScientist
on 6/11/15 11:41 am

Groomy is his nickname. I called him hubby once or twice and he said he like Groomy better!

I guess it is akin to Southern men, who have been married to their wives for 10+ more years, referring to their wife as "My beautiful bride..."

I have Groomy!

:)

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/15 12:22 pm

I live in the south for last 20 years,I never heard anyone called their DH "groomy". That is new.. I guess he wants to feel special like he felt before the wedding... 

well.. whatever works for you...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

SkinnyScientist
on 6/11/15 12:48 pm

guess he wants to feel special like he felt before the wedding... 

Right on!  He was so excited to be engaged. I bought him a ring for men (calling it an E-ring for him) because it came up in conversation that he felt sort of put out that he didn't have a ring or symbol that he was "taken"

:)

He is very sentimental and emotionally deep that way.  I really admire him for it. He has good emotional intelligence.

Chilipepper
on 6/11/15 8:44 am

Multi purpose. Really, the nipples of steel is TMI. Is it necessary to post everything that pops in your head.

You had weightloss surgery. If you can't do plastics, which many people can't you need to dress according to your post op body.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

SkinnyScientist
on 6/11/15 11:04 am

"Is it necessary to post everything that pops in your head."

-is it necessary for you to always be such a grouch?

You dont like me, just skip over my posts. Don't read them. That easy.

rocky513
on 6/11/15 6:27 am, edited 6/11/15 6:32 am - WI

I don't usually get involved with online spats, but I feel that you have crossed a line.

It started with this original Mason jar salad post.  It was a benign post with NOTHING NEGATIVE in it. Some how you took offense to what others had posted on that thread.

You then wrote a  post complaining about the original post  where I tried to point out to you that you misread the post and took it out of context. You actually acknowledged to me that you may have made a mistake in your interpretation of that post.

Then in the  *****fest post where you complained...AGAIN... about the original post.  I will tell you once again... there was nothing negative in the original post. When some folks tried to tell you that you should let it go, you got defensive. Are you just trying to get attention? Why would you keep bringing this up when you have already said you may have taken it wrong?

Here comes my main reason for getting involved. In the *****fest post, you went on to belittle someones grief over the loss of a dear friend when she tried to tell you that there are more important things to be upset over than “fictional outrage” over a perfectly normal interchange on a jarred salad post. You don't have a clue what Kate's friends are dealing with. Kate was my friend. Many of the folks that are having a hard time with her death were actively involved in trying to get her to go to the hospital in the last hours of her life. They were powerless to do anything. They went to bed that night, hoping she would contact them in the morning to tell everyone that all was well. Several days went by with no word from Kate. News of her death was devastating for us.

Today you got heated response to this shapewear post from someone who loved Kate. You have managed to **** a lot of people off with your pettiness.  Don't be surprised at the hostility that will follow in all your future posts. Those who stir the **** pot are sometimes forced to lick the spoon.

You can block me if you want.  No skin off my nose.  I will continue to help anyone I can and speak the truth when needed. I encourage everyone on OH to read through the links I posted and try to figure out what the original gripe was. 

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

SkinnyScientist
on 6/13/15 1:22 pm

Many of the folks that are having a hard time with her death were actively involved in trying to get her to go to the hospital in the last hours of her life. They were powerless to do anything. They went to bed that night, hoping she would contact them in the morning to tell everyone that all was well. Several days went by with no word from Kate. News of her death was devastating for us."

-Now THIS makes sense.  Thank you Rocky. I am sorry for your loss. Truly I am. The death of a true friend is hard because they are few and far between.

On the blocking- The blocked ones  are very mean/aggressive/rude to others (including me) and it just has been worse as of late. They usually get upset when others call them out on it, so I expected that (as watched by their interactions with Heidi and christine over what is a Vet). The swearing (using acryonyms) is VERBAL ABUSE. Those following the thread can see that too.  Grief is NEVER justification for abuse. Never.  Certainly, one of the blocked people isn't walking up to people she doesn't like on the street and striking them over grief from her friend. Never justifiable. Never. 

Using the general rule of "have these interactions been generally positive" or generally negative" over the past year, my interactions with the blocked 3 have been generally negative. Usually from the beginning.  I choose to keep negativity and VERBAL ABUSE at minimum in my life. I dont HAVE to interact with those blocked three. I dont HAVE to be verbally abused. They dont HAVE to interact with me. 

"Don't be surprised at the hostility that will follow in all your future posts"

-It may follow me, but I wont see it. That is the beauty of the "Block" feature, it makes it easy to remove negativity/distractions and keep the main thing the main thing (i.e. nice people who have a problem that are seeking a solution and contemplating a solution that I selected). Dissmissive? Yep. When someone is detracting/diminishing from one's life rather than adding to it, why are they kept around? Hence, the block. 

"I will continue to help anyone I can ..."

-Me too. I ain't going anywhere. I still want to encourage others toward WLS and help where I can.

I still dont understand the logic of those that don't recognize the pain of others come here seeking help, and "practice tough love" but get all upset when one wont take their verbal abuse (when someone else similarly doesnt recognize their pain) defies me. Perhaps some peoples pain is more important than others.

So block me if you want Rocky. I would like to think we are here for the same reasons (to help each other and others in the battle against MO and get a better life). But I try to not tear people down when doing it, particularly if they aren't demeaning me.