Calories Count: 10 Tasty Snacks Under 50 Calories

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/10/15 6:17 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Some people eat cats for less.

I hear they taste a lot like chicken... if chicken was more like cat meat.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/11/15 7:03 am

I think more people eat dogs.. 

though I can imagine - cats being much picky eaters - they should taste better... no?  

(I hope my cats will not find about this discussion- I don't want them to start hiding from me)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jazzycatz
on 6/11/15 8:22 am - Joppa, MD

I don't know if cats would taste better but I bet they would be more tender than dogs. They don't move around as much so they aren't as bulked up.

(And now I will go hide from my cats..and maybe the dogs since I think they may find this insulting. "Cat's more tender??!!! Insanity!")

MsBatt
on 6/11/15 10:01 am

Cats don't move around as much as dogs, but I bet they're leaner meat. My dogs are FAT!

Tracy D.
on 6/11/15 9:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I keep wanting to try edamame - I even have a bag in my freezer! - but I keep forgetting about it or I just put it off.  I think I'm afraid it will taste like crap and then I'll be pissed and want to eat something I shouldn't! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

CerealKiller Kat71
on 6/11/15 9:47 am
RNY on 12/31/13

I really love dry roasted edamame.  I eat 1/4 c. 4 to 5 days a week.  I especially love the wasabi ones... 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/11/15 9:51 am
RNY on 08/05/19

The frozen stuff is good, just make sure you cover it with a wet paper towel or add some water to the dish when you nuke it. If it gets dried out, it's pretty gross.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/11/15 11:35 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

And avoid any edamame supplied by China.  As they did with dog food several years ago, they contaminate their food products with chemicals you do NOT want in your body.  I love edamame and eat it at sushi bars every time I go.  A little kosher salt on top makes it even more delicious.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Karen M.
on 6/12/15 4:24 am, edited 6/12/15 4:25 am - Mississauga, Canada

I use it like I would use peas (NO, NOT PEE) - they're quite tasty and I put them in stews and such.  Not something I would necessarily eat alone as a snack unless they were the dry-roasted variety.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Chilipepper
on 6/11/15 11:52 am

Unless soy is fermented, it really is no good for you.  I don't even eat or drink anything that has soy in it. They even put it in some Crystal Lights. Not many surgeons even recommend it now. Years ago they pushed it as a miracle food.  I would rather eat the glass ;)

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White