This week's B*TCHFest - who's ready?

Poodlemac
on 6/10/15 10:58 am
RNY on 09/26/14

Most importantly, I hate that a huge portion of my surrounding neighborhood was horribly flooded 2 weeks ago and that so many of my neighbors lost everything. EVERYTHING. 

Pokemom
on 6/11/15 6:21 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. 

robinreinhardt
on 6/10/15 11:15 am

I'm so sick of being fat. I've been overweight for 20 years now and was never a skinny kid. I'm just over it. It's hard and so much work. Tired of seeing the thin people eat so much food and they look fabulous. It just ****** me off. Thanks for listening to my *****

Robin

Karen M.
on 6/10/15 12:59 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Robin, that is the first time I have EVER seen you type a negative word - GOOD FOR YOU!! Let it out, say your piece, vent away, and then let it go.

You're awesome. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

CGCL
on 6/10/15 11:25 am
RNY on 02/19/15

There's something going on with my MIL. She's always been thrilled hubby and I are together and happy, and for the most part she's always been very kind to me. But every time I see her lately, she makes some kind of nasty or ignorant comment about me. Like recently she asked me if I was taking nasty pills. Then she said my hair was falling out because of poor diet so I explained telogen effluvium, which I've explained several times before. She has asked me for diet advice for years and when I explain low carb to her she says she doesn't see how her small servings of white rice, white potatoes, etc. are really bad. She takes beautiful fresh veggies, boils them limp, throws out the pot liquor, and then covers them in margarine. What's the point?

I asked my mother if I've been being nasty since surgery because I have been feeling more irritable (but not out-of-control weepy like massive hormone dumping) and she said no, I'm just being more assertive and she's glad to see it. I've been wondering if my MIL is jealous? She's back on WW for probably the millionth time...she did really well last time, lost 80 lbs, and promptly gained it all back plus some, just like many of us here. 

MIL is also a food pusher. My mother came with us to a BBQ at her house, and MIL asked her five times to take some brownies home. Five. This is knowing that my mother gets ill eating stuff like that...so mom finally wrapped a couple up, took them home, and threw them out. 

This is hard because we don't have many friends and spend a lot of time socializing with my in laws. FIL seems happy with me changing and is getting very happy as he slowly goes into retirement. But MIL's attitude is really bothering me. We're going on a cruise with them in November and I'm hoping to be at goal before then. I'm hoping by then she'll be used to the non-fat me and be ok with me actually expressing my opinions because I don't intend to give that up any time soon.

Height: 6'0" HW 5/2013 295. Consult 7/29/14 275. SW 261. RNY 2/19/15. M1:-33! M2:-13.5. M3:-12. M4:-10.8. M5:-9.7. M6:-5. M7: -4.5. Pregnant 8/15-5/16. 10 weeks post partum: 173.

Tracy D.
on 6/10/15 12:12 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I wouldn't expect a big change in your MIL's behavior before the cruise.  In fact, she'll probably get worse the closer you get to goal.  I'm betting it's jealousy that she isn't even aware of herself. 

You might want to actually call her on it (nicely) the next time it comes up and say something like, "Hey, you've always been so kind/patient/supportive with me and now you pick on me for every little thing.  What's going on?" 

Good luck! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Hislady
on 6/10/15 5:52 pm - Vancouver, WA

I agree with Tracy plus she may feel a bit threatened by your new more assertive self. Some people don't like people being assertive with them, they see it as threatening and hostile to "talk back" to them. They are the boss and you are questioning her authority. She is the alpha female in the family pack and you are rocking her boat. So maybe there is some way to let her know you aren't trying to take her spot. Have that chat with her like Tracy suggested and end it up with "I could never take your place mom you are and always will be the top lady in the family" or words to that effect. Good luck!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/10/15 11:54 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I'm sick and tired of passive-aggressive people who can't move forward.  You know who you are.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Tracy D.
on 6/10/15 12:13 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/15 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Today, I'm grumpy because my cucumber-sized baby apparently has my (gawdawful) dance skills. Yes, the kiddo is strong and active and healthy, and I'm super lucky that my pregnancy is going well. But FFS, kiddo, do you need to bust a groove and jamb your little limbs all over the place? OWWWWWW.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!