This week's B*TCHFest - who's ready?

SkinnyScientist
on 6/10/15 1:52 pm

I like your post.  

I think tupperware has fallen out of favor due to petro chemicals and bis-phenol A.

It also stains.

But I see where you are going. Glass jars while inert and recyclable do have that shattering problem.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/15 2:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Legit tupperware is also expensive, and I tend to misplace it until things get all moldy and I have to toss it in the trash :(

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

SkinnyScientist
on 6/10/15 2:38 pm

Sometimes I Have luck with soakign the tupperware in bleach. Followed by soaking/storing dill pickle juice to get any smells out.

My big problem is tupperware, the legit stuff, is other people at work steal it.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/10/15 6:05 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I have glass tupperware, oven & microwave safe, bought them at Costco. I don't know if they're shatterproof, but I guess they are more durable than mason jars. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/10/15 6:01 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I've actually eaten the fruit out of moonshine liquor from the mason jar. Hey I thought fruit was good for you, lots of fiber. LOL 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/15 5:12 am

I ate the fruit out of moonshine about five years ago. My husband had to walk me home and put me to bed. 

SkinnyScientist
on 6/10/15 1:50 pm

HOw is the death of your friend even relate to my post? Are you using her death for YOUR behavior? That is a low card to play. If she was your friend, she would be worth than that. 

However, if you really feel pain and your judgement is clouded perhaps you should write other friends that were friends with her. Maybe donate money to cardiovascular research in her honor.

The OP of this thread created an online memorial which was a very nice thing to do.  But you, using her death as an excuse. NOt so much.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/10/15 1:57 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I think I was trying to point out to you that there are things more important than the size of salads in mason jars.  Sorry it went over your head. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

SkinnyScientist
on 6/10/15 7:10 am, edited 6/10/15 7:10 am

"I think"

You think or you know? Which is it?

Actually, how I perceived the criticism to the salad jar article WAS important because it was actually the topic of the article. IAnd again, your friends death was not relevant to that article because it was about how to make salads in jars.

Stop confusing the issue. The article had a point it was about salads.  This fest is about things that bug us. The perceived destructiveness bugged me. I am allowed to complain about it on this thread. That is the point of this thread.

Now, if I had known Kate and she were my friend. The appropriate place to remember her and grief about her would be the memorial thread NOT the salad thread.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/10/15 2:19 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Calm down.  No need to get so aggro.  

As has been pointed out to you numerous times, there was no criticism about the article.  It was pointed out that the quantities seemed large for WLS patients and should probably be adjusted.  If you consider that criticism, maybe you need to have your meds adjusted.

If discussion of that sort "bugs" you, that's your issue.  Complain away about whatever you like here.  I'm doing the same.  I don't like passive-aggressive people.  Enjoy the shoe because it fits you like a skating bootie.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220