The mirror

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/15 9:36 pm
RNY on 09/08/14

Something just happened that has never happened to me before. I walked by my mirror without a shirt on as I was getting ready for bed. I caught a glimpse of myself and I liked what I saw! As I looked I began to pick out all my flaws as I have always done. But this time for every flaw I thought of something I liked about my reflection. I'd l like to say this is the result of some deep, introspective, conscious effort on my part but the truth is I have no idea where these thoughts came from. I don't even really care I'm keeping them. I'm not perfect. I struggle every day with making good choices. I fail. A LOT. But I'm also succeeding. I've decided I'm celebrating my successes instead of beating myself up over my failure. 

Sure holding yourself accountable is very important to success but so is learning to love yourself. 

So here's to loving my body. Every back roll, belly fat,hanging apron, bat wing part of it.  It's amazing, and beautiful, and MINE.

SkinnyScientist
on 6/12/15 3:28 am

I liked what I saw!

-And as time goes on and on..you will like it more and more!  I never really used to look at myself alot in the mirror (beyond putting on makeup and hair).

As time goes on, I fix my hair more throughout the day. CHeck out my new dresses or clothes.

Sometimes, it is jsut getting used to what we look like after we lose the excess weight.

:)

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Tracy D.
on 6/12/15 8:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

^^^ This...love! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15