For the love of pizza

Lordtarzan
on 6/7/15 5:15 pm

So I'm 12 days post surgery and craving pizza, I know I'm at least 4 weeks till regular food, but it's the first real craving since the surgery. Any suggestions. I'm on the purée stage now

KathyA999
on 6/7/15 5:38 pm

go to The World According to Eggface (a blog) and search for her Ricotta Bake.  Perfect for your stage, and has the flavors you crave.

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Eggface
on 6/7/15 5:42 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Aww thanks for the shout out. 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

MickeyDee
on 6/8/15 6:29 am

I "googled" your Ricotta Bake and it showed up in the top three responses!!!

healthy2be
on 6/7/15 6:59 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I second that.  I'm on soft foods, but I made the ricotta bake tonight and it was SO GOOD!!!!  Even my husband the world's pickiest eater loved it enough for 3 servings.  I can't wait until tomorrow morning when I get another serving for breakfast.  

Heather

trsinhawaii
on 6/8/15 2:27 am

I can attest to this.  Four months out from RNY and I decided to eat half a piece of pizza.  Only half.  Took two bites of the crust and...violent vomiting happened.  Never again..live and learn, I guess.  

Eggface
on 6/7/15 5:41 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Baked Ricotta was one of the first things that helped me feel "normal" again. Warm, savory & satisfying.

The cravings are normal... try and stay out of your head. I mean, get busy... walk, movie, book, chat with family & friends, whatever.

Speedy healing! 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Dan1962
on 6/7/15 6:34 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I'm almost 9 months out and have had three small pieces of pizza since last September.....don't do it.  The crust is a killer in the intestines.  What I do instead now is pizza sauce, cheese, and a couple of toppings.  You can puree that.

I also do spagetti sauce and meatballs or sausage with no pasta.  That can be pureed also.

Good luck!

mysty888
on 6/7/15 9:19 pm
RNY on 01/22/15

Ricotta bake for the win. 

Navychic
on 6/8/15 5:53 am
RNY on 02/09/15

I've seen multiple posts on this, but decided to give it a try  a few days ago, and it was sooo easy and soooo yummy!  Just throw some grated cheese, about a small handful, maybe a 3" circle, on some parchment paper in the oven (I used my toaster oven) and cook till it bubbles & brown at edges (a couple min) let cool and wah-la', pizza crust, add your own toppings, and you are good to go.  I was surprised at how easy it was to pick up, like a cracker.

I even cheated more and peeled the top layer off one slice of my "boys" real pepperoni & mushroom pizza that we ordered in, and layed it on top of my cheese crusts and made two mini pizzas.  Both yummy & easy, makes it a really good option for me!

I'm Jo   HW 245, SW 236, CW 151 Yeah (Normal BMI!!!!)

M1=213 (-23), M2=201 (-12), M3=186 (-15), M4=175(-11), M5=166(-9), M6=157(-9), M7=153(-4)