Lifetime of obesity

MickeyDee
on 6/14/15 8:05 am

Re: alcohol intake;  I don't usually drink all all, then recently split an entire bottle of white wine with a friend.  Fortunately, I chose not to drive, and she provided me with a place to pass out.  In two hours I awoke completely "normal", or at least, didn't feel intoxicated.  I know I shouldn't have drunk so much, but was lulled into complacency.  I hope everyone remembers how quickly we can be affected by alcohol and that they can avoid my mistake.

SkinnyScientist
on 6/14/15 2:18 pm

i am glad you chose not to drive.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Amyawesomeness
on 6/22/15 4:50 pm

I am Jill's daughter. (Yes, seriously!) I am super excited. I have been to support groups and watched my mother go through those challenges. I am very happy to hear about your results and read the support I've been getting! I am hoping to share some good news after I get my surgery!

SkinnyScientist
on 6/23/15 9:59 am

HI Amy!  Welcome to the boards!

i hope you have great success and find lose the excess weight!

Take this time to learn about food, how it is metabolized (what carbs are, what proteins are, what fiber is...and how they are metabolized).

I hope that you have great experiences during your journey!  I pray that you find new activities, or get old activities back, that you truly love and enjoy that will motivate you through the "tempting times".  In the beginning, the weight is lost almost magically, but after 1.5 years, keeping it off and "keeping ones head in the game" can be more difficult. I use activities I got back (i.e. jogging/figure skating and the beautiful clothes in my closet) to keep me from snacking, drinking too much and keep me making the right choices!

Best wishes!

L

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

AngryViking
on 6/9/15 5:40 am, edited 6/9/15 5:41 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I was a fat kid, a fat teen and an obese adult.  I am approaching 11 months since my surgery and I'm down 135 lbs. with 30 more to goal.

jastypes
on 6/9/15 12:42 pm - Croydon, PA

Awesome!!!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Hislady
on 6/9/15 2:07 pm - Vancouver, WA

I think the reason why they gained is more important than how long they have been obese. Just my 2 cents.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 6/9/15 6:12 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

I've always been heavy, ever since I was a kid, but Hislady does have a point in getting to why people have gained rather than how long they've been obese.

Looking back I've linked food with emotions, feel good eat, feel bad eat some more, but if I really had to narrow it down, I'd say my problems with food started when I was molested as a kid in grade school & then made to feel like it was my fault. My body was changing & I was getting some unwanted attention, fat became my shield, it was my armor. No one could hurt me as a fat person & I could go on being a kid.

I'm not looking for attention, I usually don't share so much on the boards, just wanted to emphasize that the reasons behind the eating is just as important as the eating itself.

Hope everything works out for both of you.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

jastypes
on 6/10/15 5:24 am - Croydon, PA

thank you for your input.  I know that my fat was a buffer between me and the world for a very long time for similar reasons as yours.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

new_me180
on 6/9/15 8:27 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

I've always been a big girl. I remember i was always the biggest child in school. I become obese when i was around 12 and was even bigger in my 20s. I hit a high of 406lb at 34 and now 2yrs later 1'm 169-172lb. I'm 19 months post op. Good luck to your daughter.