New here

T. drouillard
on 6/9/15 10:43 am - windsor, Canada

Hello everyone !! I am new here.. A little about myself .. I'm 26 yrs old, a wife and a mother of 3 , twins girls who just turned 3 and a 6 month old boy ... I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember, with countless attempts and fails at loosing weight on my own ... I finally after lots of research decided that I am going to see my family Dr and ask for the surgery ... I'm real nervous on how to bring up this subject... I'm really hoping he will be on board with my decision, he is a very easy and understanding Dr so I don't think this will be an issue , anyone out here from Ontario who can explain the process to me what will happen after I talk to my Dr and if he approves and sends out my referral ?? How long is the wait ? And what should I expect ? Thank you😀

Kathy S.
on 6/9/15 11:03 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Welcome to ObesityHelp!  We are glad that you have joined our OH community.  

As you check out OH, you'll see many features and tools that are created for our members as you embark on your WLS journey.  OH is a great place for support, research and tools to assist you with your journey.  Here are a few suggestions:

About Obesity
About Weight Loss Surgery
Medical Necessity
Post-op Planner
BMI Calculator
Health Tracker

We also have a great HELP SECTION with tutorials to assist you with navigating our site. If you need our assistance, you can reach us at [email protected]

You didn't mention what surgery type you are researching and or having.  May we suggest you post on the forum for your surgery type to reach out to those that are having the same surgery as you.

Duodenal Switch Forum (DS)

LAP-BAND Forum

Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum (RNY)

Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy Forum (VSG)

We look forward to your updates

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

LeslieT
on 6/9/15 2:10 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/22/15

There is an Ontario forum here where you can get a lot more information about our process. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/on/

Highest: 250 - 30 pounds lost pre-op - Surgery Weight: 220 Current: 156 Goal: 145

crystal M.
on 6/10/15 7:28 am - Joliet, IL

Welcome.  Good luck on your journey

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/10/15 12:46 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I was nervous about bringing it up with my GP as well, but he was very supportive. I came up with a list of reasons why I thought the surgery would be a good idea, and had some information on the doctor/hospital I was considering. If in doubt, you can write a note to yourself or make a list and bring it to the appointment with you. If you get TOTALLY lost or choked up, you can just hand the paper to the doctor!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!