So mad at myself

Pear143
on 6/8/15 10:38 am

hello everyone! 

I had my Rxy gastric bypass in 2009 and although I have had my complications to this day feel it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I have had 2 healthy children since ( total of 3) and maintained my weight up until this past year because of my stupidity. The day of my surgery I weighed 258lbs and I got down to 103lbs at one point which was really just unhealthy. Partially this was because I was feeling nauseous often and felt like i could only eat carbs or protein shakes without feeling sick. Things have gotten better since where now I do have a pretty well balanced diet but I have made the biggest mistake I could probably make which is I have started drinking soda...initially I told myself this was okay because I was actually trying to gain some weight. Currently I weigh 135lbs and this is partially some baby weight that from my last pregnancy coming up a year. I would like to lose 10 lbs but even just maintaining this weight is okay for me I'm just sort of nervous wondering if I have now ruined my insides. I feel like I look bloated and stuffed lol. I'm so angry with myself ...tips suggestions support? Is it possible my stomach is now expanded? Thanks everyone . 

Patm
on 6/8/15 11:01 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Your stomach has probably not stretched. You need to cut out the soda and get back to basics. Dense protein then veg etc

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/8/15 12:01 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

It's highly unlikely that you've stretched your stomach. However, if you're concerned about it, you may want to go back to your surgeon and seek his/her opinion.

The best way to get back on track is to start logging everything you eat. Myfitnesspal is a great site for that, it will give you an estimate of where you're falling in relation to your calorie/protein goals. From there, you'll have an idea as to what adjustments you need to make.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

crystal M.
on 6/8/15 12:23 pm - Joliet, IL

Deep breath....

No reason to be angry at yourself.  You gained some weight.  But you had a baby.  And losing 10 lbs is not that difficult.  At least you're doing something about now before it turns into 100lbs.  So lets stop being angry at yourself and be grateful that you can see that you need to change your habits in order to live a more healthy life. 

It seems like you know some of things you need to change in order to achieve your goal.  Like stop drinking the soda.  Just go back to the basics.  Eat lots of protein, drink lots of water, move and write it all down.  You will do great. 

Good Luck

Mary Gee
on 6/9/15 10:58 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Pat yourself on the back for recognizing the problem NOW, before it go any worse.  You have to cut out the soda!  Go back to basics and log your food and liquids on myfitnesspal.

Don't be mad at yourself -- take positive actions now.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

gram247
on 6/10/15 5:25 am

You did the hardest part, recognizing and acknowledging the problem. Don't be a t yourself up. 

Between taking care of 3 kids, eliminating soda and logging what you eat you will be down those pounds before you know it.

good luck.