Almost there

floweringgemini
on 6/8/15 8:02 am - Rocky Point, NC

So I had my rant and rave last week, then I went to the therapist. She said that in the middle of August she will clear me for surgery. (This is 6 months from the last time I smoked anything). That was exciting news and I wasnt even expecting to hear that. I sat and thought about it, I started this on April 8. If I have surgery by September 8th at the latest then it was only 5 months to wait. It really is not that bad and I know August will be here before I know it. It feels like it has been so long but the reality is that its not. I have had a huge weight of stress lifted when I was told that, it feels like progress is being made. I have learned some new coping strategies and fight the urge to eat with my emotions. I am so thrilled that this will be my last hot and miserable summer. Next year will be shorts and skirts! :)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/8/15 8:21 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Wonderful news! Having a date to actually look forward to makes it all a bit more real, doesn't it?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

floweringgemini
on 6/8/15 8:31 am - Rocky Point, NC

Yes it does, it has also greatly helped my mental state! I dont want to eat a bunch of crap and feel icky. I want to lose the weight I have gained and at least get the 5lbs the surgeon requires to lose off. That is a lot easier with that mental note of knowing the big finale is coming. When they told me no it really threw me into a downward spiral but I have done a lot of work and research I am ready for this!

Kathy S.
on 6/8/15 9:48 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on getting your surgery date.  I had to wait for 6 months and it was the best 6 months spent.  Take this time to gain knowledge of every think you need to do to lose the weight, and keep it off for the rest of your life.  It helped me be successful and it will you too

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Ready2goNOW
on 6/8/15 10:20 am

Glad things worked out!

Now use the remaining time until surgery to prepare like Kathy says above. I, too, am glad I have this 6 month waiting period to adapt! 

Kathy

floweringgemini
on 6/8/15 10:24 am - Rocky Point, NC

I am definitely excited. I have to get the idea of eating all of my favorite stuff one last time out of my head though. I feel like I want to eat all this crap that made me gain all my weight in the first place. Like Ill never be able to have good tasting food again. I know this is not true, this will be my topic of discussion and goals will be made with this idea with my nutritionist this week.