I have gained....

mrsfoye
on 6/7/15 4:44 pm - Providence, RI

I am almost five years out and I have gained weight!!!! I have had a rough last two years. My husband and I were trying to conceive again doing IUI and IVF with no luck then the last year I lost 6 family members the last was my grandmother in February. I need  I have gone to see my DR my blood pressure is up and I am eating too much. I have got to get back on track I want my live back I just need some help.

Gwen M.
on 6/7/15 4:55 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

It's great that you're realizing there's a problem and seeking help!  That's the first step.  The good news is that you've done this before and you can do it again.  

I'd start by tracking everything that I put into my mouth with something like MyFitnessPal.  That'll let you know what you're eating now and what you need to change.  From there, I'd work on getting back to my basics.  Here are mine, yours might be slightly different.  

1. Prioritize protein and water
2. Deprioritize carbs, especially the refined and processed ones
3. Make the most of healthy fats
4. Eat three meals a day with no snacks
5. Avoid liquid calories (breakfast protein shake is the exception)
6. Weigh portions, log everything consumed
7. Eat mindfully and with no distractions aside from real live people
8. Move as much as possible
9. Weigh myself daily
10. Be kind to myself

You CAN do this!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mrsfoye
on 6/7/15 5:15 pm - Providence, RI

Thank you so very much Gwen.I just added the app MyFitnessPal. I am paying attention to everything now re-gaining this weight has me terrified. My work hrs have changed for the better so I also hope to attend a local support group meeting as well.

Kympiggie
on 6/8/15 8:57 am
VSG on 05/28/13

Excellent post Gwen!  Thank you for sharing.

Kym :)

crystal M.
on 6/8/15 8:39 am - Joliet, IL

At least you are going to catch this before it becomes a big problem.  Just go back to the basics.  Take one day at a time.  Don't be a stranger...come on here daily.  It really does help.  Especially, the fitness board.  They always motivate me to move!!!   

When stress drives you to eating.  Try some other stress relieving strategies.  Take a walk.  Try yoga or meditation.  Or watch a comedy.  Instead of junk food try eating an apple.  I am so lucky because when I am under stress I lose my appetite.  But I still need to relieve stress so I can sleep....UGH. 

Good luck. 

Kympiggie
on 6/8/15 8:56 am
VSG on 05/28/13

I am sorry to hear about your stressful/challenging family situation.  I hope things are going much better for you now.  I know how you feel about gaining weight.  I have had a long period of gaining weight back (residual aftershock of going through divorce), but I decided that enough is enough.  I got back to the basics of eating and managed to have a great week of no 'crap'.  I'm just starting back, so I am by no means an expert.  I am logging everything I eat and I plan my meals ahead of time.  I know you can do this!  We both can.  Keep checking in here; it is a huge help.  (I don't know about you, but I can't eat and type a reply or post at the same time.....lol!). 

Kym :)

Kathy S.
on 6/8/15 9:46 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Gwen gave you great advice  I have sent you a PM with a link to a group called Back On Track Together. Be sure and join

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Pear143
on 6/8/15 10:41 am

All I can say is I feel your pain...I'm 5 years post op and experiencing the same thing...but your here...and recognize that it's a problem. I'm cheering you on! 💪🎉😊🌻

mrsfoye
on 6/8/15 5:49 pm - Providence, RI

Thank you all so very much I have to get it off to live a long happy life. 

mbentz
on 6/10/15 4:05 am - Somerset, PA

I am also 5 yrs. out.  Along with all the excellent points that have been offered, might I add one more.  When I see the scale begin to climb, even just a pound or two, I try to tap into the mindset that I was in 5 yrs. ago.  I go back and read the journal that I kept when I started this journey. I reset my thinking to the utter determination and motivation that I had at the beginning.  I remember how badly I wanted to lose my weight just so I could stop the hurting in my feet, ankles and hips.  Go back 5 yrs and remember how badly you wanted to look and feel better.  Good luck, dear one.  You can do it again..

HW 282  SW 270  GW 160  CW 150