Kate-True Brit no longer with us

MickeyDee
on 6/7/15 7:34 pm

I am so sorry to hear this;  I'd read her post regarding not feeling well but hoping it was nothing serious as she was leaving on her special trip the next day.  I was hoping she had recovered and was spending a lovely vacation with wine and friends, and was looking forward to hearing about her travels.

She will be sadly missed.

rocky513
on 6/7/15 7:37 pm - WI

It's strange how you can become friends with people you have never actually met.  Although I never laid eyes on Kate, and she lived a half a world away, I looked forward to hearing from her everyday on OH.  I would see a post and think, "I don't need to reply,  this is a "Kate" post".  It wouldn't be long and there she would be, guiding, reprimanding, or encouraging whomever needed it. After years of reading Kate's replies and interacting with her on various forums, I considered her my friend.  She was smart, witty, humble, passionate, honest, and blunt (when necessary).  I can't imagine coming to this site and not "seeing" her.  There is a huge hole in our little community.  Goodbye, Kate!

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

(deactivated member)
on 6/8/15 1:11 pm

What you wrote was exactly how I felt this morning when I read that she had passed.  She was a great friend on the forum. I loved her posts.

Like other people have said she always wanted to help someone. She was very kindhearted. 

Jackie G.
on 6/7/15 7:45 pm

I am so saddened to hear of Kate's passing.  I looked to her posts over the years as a fellow bandster who was very supportive and informed.  I will miss not seeing her or her posts any longer.  I wish her family peace at this most difficult time.  May she rest in peace.

cspotrun
on 6/7/15 9:00 pm
RNY on 07/01/14

O dear. So very, very sad. Especially for someone who had done so much to take control over her health. Breaks my heart. 

Karen   

catwoman7
on 6/7/15 9:05 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh how horrible - and what a huge shock!  I felt as if I knew her.    This is just awful news.   I hope she knows how many people she's helped over the years.  She will be terribly missed.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

martitalinda
on 6/7/15 9:23 pm

I am still in shock since you PM'd me Karen ... very hard to believe she is no longer with us... while she never interacted with me or commented on any of my threads I read a lot of her multiple posts through the years on OH ... this is so sad and sobering ... Life is so short .. It saddens me to hear this... I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and another of OH posters... words fail me...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Zee Starrlite
on 6/7/15 10:28 pm

What!!!  Kate?  Wow!  Sad sad news.  I can't believe it.  Just always expected her to be here on OH.  We've been through it all right here - together 😞 wow.  I am sorry.  It feels so strange.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

SkinnyScientist
on 6/7/15 11:44 pm

This is quite a jolt! She was literally here, posting away, and GONE the next!

It just goes to show, that for ANY of us, not to put anything off. Time is too short and we dont know when the sand in our personal hourglass is going to run out. I think this is especially  important for those of us that may have had "limited" lives from MO prior to WLS.

:(

RIP Kate

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Eggface
on 6/8/15 2:55 am - Sunny Southern, CA

How sad and what a shock. Her posts have helped others on their WLS journey for many years and she will be missed in this community.  

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com