What can I take for upset stomach?

Chilipepper
on 6/13/15 7:13 pm

It WILL burn a hole in your pouch or create an ulcer. If your doctor told you to take meat tenderizer, Good luck with that. Doctors are good at cutting but if you tell him can you take a spoonful of meat tenderizer I'm sure he would think twice. It's the same thing. 

Best of luck. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

HLen
on 6/15/15 4:50 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

Papaya enzymes can actually be used to treat ulcers.  I have found no medical information saying it is unsafe to use or causes adverse side effects. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Chilipepper
on 6/15/15 5:13 pm

Papain CAN cause Ulcers and all the searches you did are for a normal functioning stomach, one that creates digestive justices to help aid in digestion. You do not have a functional stomach,you have man made created pouch. You go ahead and eat the papain enzyme and I wish you luck. I have seen to many people over the last 8 yrs complain of their ulcers and they were usually the ones popping the papaya pills rather than learning early  on how to chew their food properly. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

HLen
on 6/15/15 6:47 pm
RNY on 07/11/14

Again, thanks for your concern... You don't know what I searched for... But I did know I needed to search for someone who has had RNY.  I would be happy to read any research suggesting it is not good for RNY and would be happy to bring it up with my doctor if I had found any. 

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 6/8/15 3:10 pm - OH

I know it sounds a little weird, but garlic pills (the small capsules with oil in them) works wonders for an upset stomach. Get the kind with chlorophyll, though, or you may burp garlic for a little while.  Normally one pill is enough, but with the oil malabsorption, two works better.

I have used these since I was a child (and ai am over 50) and it is what my grandmother gave my mother when she was a kid!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.